When was the last time you bought property? When I started in this business 26 years ago all agents and brokers worked for the seller and buyers were really just on their own. But in Georgia that legally changed in 1994 when BRETTA was introduced. BRETTA stands for Brokerage Relationships in Real Estate Transactions Act. Now agents in Georgia can and some do represent buyers.
But in a nutshell hiring an agent to represent you and not be a transaction broker treating you as a customer and not a client will get you help that you cannot otherwise expect and that is not legal to be given to you in your real estate purchase.
But hiring a Lane Realty agent means you the buyer get someone working for you. What we bring to the table that we share with you is:
- Market Knowledge- we do market reports every single month and know what is going on at Lake Sinclair with prices, days on the market, new listings, stale inventory, some listings out there that have really bad photos, but look better in person, we will know about those.
- Ability to see the potential. We sold one of the worst kitchens I'd ever seen last year. It didn't even have a stove. it was cramped and dark and well the listing agent had very poor photography skills and obviously did not hire a professional. But now this house is back on the market and who wouldn't love this kitchen now?
- Connections- we have been in business in this market since 1985. So of course we know vendors who will show up and get the job done. We know the best house cleaners, carpet people, contractors, HVAC folks, bug guys, and of course recommend great lenders and closing attorneys. We are not afraid to make specific recommendations to you.
- Accountability - we are available for every step of the process working for you, to helping identify the homes that fit both your "this is what we want" list and your approved budget to helping you decide on an offer and helping negotiate the contract. We're also there to guide you through the contract process and make sure you keep all your target dates along the way.
- Drama- So yes, there can be and sometimes is drama with real estate. Sometimes it comes from the other side when they don't like your offer or don't like your repair list. We're going to be there to be a barrier between you and the drama. If the other agent or the other party to the contract calls you names, we'll likely keep that information to ourselves, but when the drama is a problem that can be solved or negotiated we're going to be there fighting for you to get the best deal possible without the experience of the drama. (sometimes our spouses don't appreciate this because they are the ones who get to hear about it) But, in the end, it's part of our job.
- Reading people- yes, after years in the business we've learned that "this is my final offer" doesn't always really mean that and we can tell sometimes how motivated a person is from not only them, the language and tells from their agent when we speak.
Buying a house is not as easy as picking out the one you like on line and showing up with a check. It's a complicated process and our office 8 licensee office brings 140 years of collective experience to the table to help make easier on you. Call us today. 706-485-9668