I just went through Google's quality guidelines in depth and created this summary for you.
1. Know the purpose of the content you are creating
2. Create content you are working towards or already proven to be an expert in
3.Cover your topics in-depth. Leave no question unanswered if you are creating content that is meant to educate or inform.
4.Use Supplemental Content such as links to other related content on or off your website.
5. Use Media such as video, and images to support your purpose
6. Avoid annoying pop-up ads that can disrupt the experience
7. Avoid tricking the user by using deceiving doorway pages that act like one thing and are really another
8. If you are giving advice on legal, financial, or health issues, be thorough, prove your facts, and avoid unsubstantiated opinions.
9. Do not build templated websites that have no original, value-added content.
10. Do not keyword stuff your pages.
11. Do not directly copy the content of another source in part or in full without adding significant value to the copy.
12. Build your brand reputation through reviews, ratings, and references
13. Do not add low-quality pages to your website as it can bring down the scoring of other high-quality pages
14. Position yourself as an expert in a particular niche and topics
15. Position your website as an authority on a niche
16. Avoid automatically generated content
Find more like this at LoriBallen.com