'Tis the season ....
Spring cleaning - YEAH!!
So where to begin?
I use the WW then F & F plan
Windows, Walls, Furniture then Floors
Starting with the windows, Making them shine, will give you the encouragement to keep going.... While you are washing them, why not clean the curtains!
Here is a few of my favorite glass cleaning solutions...
- 2 cups water or rubbing alcohol, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dish cleaner (dawn is my fav)
or try a more organic solution.
- 2 cups of water (distilled or filtered is best so it doesn't leave residue, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 10 drops essential oil of choice- lemon is my fav (it helps cut the vinegar smell)
What you need
- Empty spray bottle
- Squeegee, microfiber cloth or newspapers
Lets get started
1. mix ingredients in a spray bottle and shake gently to mix.
2. Fold a few sheets of newspaper together like a washcloth, or use a microfiber cloth.
3. Spray the glass then wipe.
4. When cleaning framed photos, spray the cloth rather than the glass.
• Use grease cutting dish liquid like Dawn
•Rubbing alcohol cuts through grime best and is a good option with water or by itself.
• When cleaning windows, wipe left-to-right on the inside, and top-to-bottom on the outside. That way you can tell which side a smudge is on.
• It’s best to clean windows on an overcast, dry day. Cleaning on a sunny day is more prone to leave streaks.
Need to be VERY careful here. Depending on what type of paint finish you have you could damage the finish. Water is the safest. A few drops of Liquid dish soap (Dawn) added to water is the most I recommend. For smudges and finger prints, try a magic eraser. Again, Be careful not to take the paint off.
- water, or
- 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup white vinegar or
- store bought leather cleaner
Cloth furniture - read the label to be sure not to damage the fabric.
- Steam cleaning is a good option. If you use store bought cleaner, read the label - be careful of chemical solutions and if you have pets please be sure it is pet safe. or
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, 3/4 cup warm water and 1/2 tablespoon of natural liquid soap, such as Castile soap, in a spray bottle.
Tables tops, wood shelves, woodwork
lemon oil. that was easy!
Vinyl & tile
¼ cup white vinegar, ¼ cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap, 2 gallons hot water. add lemon oil for nice clean smell.
1 gallon of hot water, 3/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup lemon juice
or use Murphy's Oil soap. Its always a good option.
SPRING CLEANING can be so uplifting. Open the windows, air the house out and enjoy!