Not all homes for sale are created equal. Every single home listed for sale is unique and will speak to a potential buyer in its own way. Knowing how to market its special quality and features can be the difference in selling your home or not. The days are gone when you can simply put a for sale sign in your yard and have potential buyers drive by and see it. Today, the internet, social media and digital marketing is a potential buyers first stop when looking for homes. In order to increase maximum exposure and potentially get the best final sale price of your home, the internet is crucial to putting your home in front of the greatest number of buyers.
Licensed, trained and experienced Realtors have the most effective strategies when selling homes. While we would all like to think we can accomplish things like selling our homes on our own, this is simply not the case. In order to obtain maximum exposure a Realtor is required. In order to obtain the best price for your home, Realtors have the negotiating experience and knowledge required to accomplish this and know how to professionally handle multiple offers should they arise. Effectively marketing your home by a professional gives you more opportunity for buyers and offers that you may not be able to reach on your own.
Today, marketing and advertising outlets are constantly evolving. Licensed Realtors stay current with not only the trends, but the constant changing real estate market and the best outlets to advertise your home. Their skills and knowledge are unmatched and the tools and platforms they use to effectively market your home are the leading in buyer searches. Having one Realtor by your side generally brings in hundreds if not thousands more from all over the world. Realtors working with buyers and sellers in other states, who are planning to relocate, have the same access to the internet that local buyers and real estate agents do. If other agents find your home out of area that is a good match , communication between agents will take place. Real Estate Agents within your local area will also communicate with your Agent about your home and also get your home in front of their buyers.
How do you know if your Agent is effectively marketing your home or how does a Real Estate Agent effectively market your home ? The answers are simple yet the marketing is more complex. When marketing and advertising your home, your Real Estate Agent should be including most of the tools listed below :
- Multiple Listing Service ( MKS ) - This is service for Licensed Real Estate Agents to list your home for sale in descriptive detail that allows other Real Estate Agents to see your home and schedule showings.
- Quality photographs will be taken by your Agent and/or a professional photographer and these photos will be used to market and advertise your home digitally and/or in print ( it is best to speak to an real estate professional who is familiar with your local market on what is best as markets differ when it comes to printed materials )
- Your home should be posted on most social media channels for maximum exposure inviting potential buyers and other Realtors to see your home.
- Digital Flyers, Virtual Tours and Video's should be created to spot light your homes features.
- Your home, when listed, should be placed on the Agency's Company website and any potential sites the Agency or Agent uses ( the list is very long of sites utilized so discuss this with a Realtor )
- Open Houses and Agent Tours. These are effective strategies in marketing and advertising your home. Again, a professional real estate agent knows your local market and will know which option(s) if any are best in this case.
- Featured Listings and Sponsored Ads of your home. With many potential sites to choose from, an experienced Realtor in your area will know your market and know the best platforms to use to market your home in this capcity. Every single area is different and your Agent will know the best site for your home that will yield maximum exposure.
While this is only a small list of how your home should be effectively marketed, when done properly these techniques can propel your home above the competition. However, the most imperative thing, beyond listing your home and marketing it, is for your Agent to analyze your showing activity. One of the ways your Agent will accomplish this is staying up to date with recent sales and comparative listings. By doing this it will allow your agent to modify listing specifics and adjust the marketing plan for your home. If your marketing plan is not evaluated frequently it can lose its effectiveness and the goal is to constantly improve marketing results until the home is sold.