Q1 2018 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92009 Area
Single Family Detached Homes
The housing market in the first quarter of 2018 was busy in the 92009 area of Carlsbad, with some shifts as compared to the same time frame in 2017. Here's a link to the market report for Q1 2018 for the 92010 area.
The 92009 area covers the area south of Palomar Airport Road and east of El Camino Real, including La Costa (La Costa Ridge, La Costa Greens, La Costa Valley, La Costa Oaks), Alga Hills, Bressi Ranch, La Costa Meadowridge, Brookfield, Rancho Carrillo, and multiple other communities, with a mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
In this market report we look at the activity for single family detached homes.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN Q1
- 62 single family detached homes sold in Q1, down 47% from Q1 in 2017
- The average sales price was $1,052,557 , up by 3% from 2017
- Homes ranged in price from $631,500 to $2,315,000
- The average marketing time was only 11 days, versus 40 days in Q1 2017
While there was some negotiation of prices, with single family detached homes in Carlsbad 92009 selling for 97% of asking price on average, almost half (45%) of the homes sold at list price or above. 21% of the home sales were for cash.
CURRENT ACTIVITY AS OF APRIL 16, 2018
- 62 single family detached homes are currently for sale
- Prices range from $649,9 00 to $4,999,000 for a 8390 SF contemporary home high in the La Costa hills with amazing lagoon and ocean views
- Average list price is $1,469,327
- Current listings have been on the market an average of 33 days
- 52 homes are pending, with listing prices ranging from $499,900 to $3,989,000, and on the market for 36 days on average
The selection of homes remains tight for buyers, as it has been, with about 3 months of inventory based on the current rate of sales. Inventory has been increasing, especially in March, which is good news for buyers. Buyers can expect competition for many listings, including multiple offers, in many cases (read about the 6 strategies to help you move quickly in today’s market).
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92009 area, or are interested in exploring housing options based on your budget and other criteria, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
I am happy to answer all of your questions and help you create a strategy to buy a new home in 2018.
You can explore the complete Carlsbad inventory, by clicking on the photo above right.
Or search for homes for sale in the Carlsbad 92009 area by clicking on the link below.