Waikoloa Beach Resort is a beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This world famous Kohala Coast resort contains everything to make your Hawaiian experience complete. Waikoloa Beach Resort is home to two luxury hotels, the Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel and the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa.
There is great shopping at the Queen’s Marketplace and the King’s Shops, and great restaurants like Roy’s Waikoloa Bar & Grill, the Macaroni Grill and the Lava Lava Beach Club. Waikoloa Beach Resort also contains two world class golf courses, the Beach Course and the King’s Course, and of course, the spectacular white sand beaches are also close by.
At the time of this writing (Apr 10th), there were 6 single-family homes for sale and a whopping 28 homes in escrow within the Waikoloa Beach Resort, while there are 55 condos for sale and 7 in escrow. Most of the single-family homes for sale are part of a new construction development called Ainamalu at Waikoloa Beach that has recently broken ground and has many new homes under construction. Of the homes currently on the market, the highest priced one is listed at $5,995,000, and is located at 69-1037 Kolea Kai Cir in Kolea, while the one with the lowest price is located at 69-9229 Ainamalu St. in the new development mentioned above and is listed at $899,000.
In the condo market, the highest price condo currently available is still Unit #4F in the Kolea Condo Villas, which is in the Kolea subdivision and is listed at $2,550,500. While at the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $454,888 and is Unit #215 in the Shores at Waikoloa Beach Resort.
In the 1st Quarter of 2018, there were 4 single-family homes sold in the Waikoloa Beach Resort. The highest priced home sold for $979,245, from a list price of $999,000 and is located at 69-9215 Ainamalu St, while the lowest priced one sold for $772,750, from a list price of $749,000 and is located at 69-9191 Ainamalu St, also in the new Ainamalu at Waikoloa Beach development.
In the Q1 time frame between January and March, there were 31 condos sold in Waikoloa Beach Resort, almost double the number units sold in Q3 & Q4 of 2017. The highest priced of these condos sold was Unit 8E in Kolea Condo Villas at the sale price of $1,715,000, from a list price of $1,799,000. While the condo with the lowest sales price went for $351,000, from a list price of $363,000. It was Unit 318, located in the Shores at Waikoloa Beach Resort.
Analysis: The sale of condos in Waikoloa Beach Resort was, as usual, substantially higher in Q1 than in Q4 and with the new construction in in full swing, single-family homes have also had a resurgence. A balanced market is considered to be at six months worth of inventory, and that is where the market has been for all of 2017 and into the first quarter of this year.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Waikoloa Beach Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. If you enjoyed this Real Estate Update, you can read about other areas of the Kohala Coast on my Market Update page. Mahalo
Highlights of the Waikoloa Beach Real Estate Update for Q1 2018
- Number of homes currently for sale – 6
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 28
- Number of Condos currently for sale – 55
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 7
- Highest priced home currently for sale - $5,995,000 69-1037 Kolea Kai Cir in Kolea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $2,550,500 Kolea Condo Villas #4F
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $899,000 69-9229 Ainamalu St in Ainamalu
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $454,888 Shores at Waikoloa Beach Resort #215
- Number of homes sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 4
- Number of Condos sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 31
- Highest priced home sold in Q1 – $879,245 69-9215 Ainamalu St in Ainamalu
- Highest priced condo sold in Q1 - $1,715,000 Kolea Condo Villas #8E
- Lowest priced home sold in Q1 – $772,750 69-9191 Ainamalu St in Ainamalu
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q1 - $351,000 Shores at Waikoloa Beach Resort #31
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Mauna Lani Resort Real Estate Update for Q1 2018.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/Market Updates