Welcome to this edition of the The Monday Morning Memo.....I hope you had a great weekend with lots of fun and relaxation. All of us need to have routines in our lives that help us do the things we need to and get through the day. We all have routines if we know it or not. Think about what yours are today. Is there something that can change to make you more efficient or effective? Are there things that you need to do and a routine would help you? The routines of life are very important to master and to be disciplined in doing. The truly successful change up some of the routines regularly though - that is the key to success. Which routines of yours need a shake-up? Now is a great time to do it.Continued Success to YOU ...ENCOURAGEMENT CORNER...A Boomerang WorldWritten by Tim Wright, Ph.D.Remember when you were a kid, how fascinated you were with boomerangs? You take this flat, curved piece of wood and throw it and then watch in amazement as it curves around in the air and comes right back to you.
As 'miraculous' as that seemed when we were kids, I've found that most of our life is like that. Whatever we throw out there, comes back to us.
We live in a boomerang world.
Let me explain:
If you smile at someone, in almost every case, they will smile back. Try it now with someone nearby and see if it works.
If you're kind toward someone, they will usually be kind in return. Of course, this also works in the other direction.
If you complain to someone, they will share their complaints with you. In fact, you may quickly find yourself in a subtle competition to see who is more miserable.
If you get angry at someone, they will usually get angry with you. And so on ...
The fact is, whatever you decide to throw out into the world will usually circle around and land right back at your feet, much like the boomerangs we played with as kids.
Here's what struck me this morning.
I have a choice about what I decide to throw out into my world. I have a choice about what I want to land at my feet?
If you want more joy - throw it out there.
If you want more happiness - throw some happiness out there to someone else and watch it miraculously come back to you.
It even works with money. Need money? Give some away. The spiritual leaders from the beginning of time have been telling us this, but most of us are afraid to believe it.
It works in just about every area of our life. When we give something away, when we throw it out there - it comes back to us.
So today and for as many days afterwards as you want, make a conscious choice about what you want to throw out into the world. By doing this, you will be making a choice about what is going to come back and land at your feet.
Remember the boomerang and that whatever you throw out there, will come back to you many times over.WORDS TO LIVE BY...It is not length of life, but depth of life.
- Ralph Waldo EmersonMake failure your teacher, not your undertaker.
- Zig ZiglarDiscipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- Jim RohnOne hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.
- Wayne GretzkyBite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
- Ella WilliamsThere is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- William ShakespeareThe pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.
- John MaxwellWhen you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin D. RooseveltHe that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
- Benjamin FranklinIt's nice to be the best, but not when being the best brings out the worst in you. Send a card to a loved one today.
- Jay McHughLET'S MAKE THIS THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR!!!
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: ActiveRain Community
- jay mchugh
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!