|Windstorm Discounts Mandated By Florida Law|
2005 legislation mandates that carriers writing windstorm policies in Florida, offer discounts, credits or other rate reductions for construction features that lend in minizing risk and/or damage due to windstorm activity.
In plain English, if your home has:
A newer roof (1994 or newer)
Impact windows/doors or Hurricane panels/shutters
If your home has all of the features listed above, it WILL qualify for HUGE discounts on the windstorm portion of your insurance premium. Even if you only have SOME of the items listed above, your home WILL qualify for discounts. In fact, out of 1300 windstorm inspections that our company has conducted, the average premium discount per calendar year was over $1700.
Talking with homeowners throughout South Florida, there still seems to be some "bad information" coming out of the individual insurance agent network. So in efforts of clearing things up a bit, here are a few facts...
1. In order to receive windstorm rate reductions, your home must have a Wind Mitigation Verification performed. Unless your home was built in 2002 or newer. Building codes in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach mandated the items listed above.
2. Check with your insurance agent to verify that you are receiving ALL of the eligible windstorm credits. If you simply ask if you are receiving discounts, this could result in not receiving all the discounts your dwelling is entitiled to.
3. The Wind Mitigation Verification can be conducted and forwarded to your carrier at any time. You DO NOT have to wait until your policy renews in order to receive these discounts.
4. If you pay your insurance annually, the pro-rated difference in the premium is REFUNDED to you from your carrier. And, the new % discount will continue to apply every year forward.
5. The Wind Mitigation Verification is valid up to (5) years, unless you make a structural modification to the dwelling that will change the verification or the property changes ownership.
6. There is NO minimum age of structure in order to qualify for the credits. Meaning, if your home is older you may qualify for the same discounts as a newer home.
7. Not having shutters/panels DOES NOT disqualify you for reveiving discounts. There are (8) construction feature questions on the verification form that equate to the "all up" credits. The shutter discount is just ONE portion of the overall discount.
8. GUARANTEE? Yes, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE. If you are not receiving discounts on your windstorm premium, our company will guarantee that your home will qualify for discounts or we will REFUND the entire inspection fee. If you are already receiving discounts, we cannot assume that your discounts will increase unless the Wind Mitigation Verification is performed. Your agent will know what discounts you are receiving.
9. If you have any questions regarding Wind Mitigation inspections, please call today... 954-753-3755. 10. Compare and Save.... Inspection Fee $99...Other companies...$150...YOU SAVE $51
We encourage you to forward this email to your client base, so they can take advantage of the benifits they are entitiled to.
GOLD COAST INSPECTIONS has been certified by the State of Florida within the My Safe Florida Home Program but does not conduct inspections for the grant program. If your home meets the qualifiers and you intend on making retro-fits to your dwelling, use the program link www.mysafefloridahome.com to apply for grant program.
If you are interested in the Wind Mitigation Verification to immediately forward to your carrier in efforts of reducing your windstorm premium,
CALL US TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE SCHEDULING
SAME DAY FORWARDING TO YOUR INSURANCE AGENT
GOLD COAST INSPECTIONS 954-753-3755 The name you can trust in INSPECTION