Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839 acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort offers its resident’s access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants in the Mauna Kea Resort include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Terrace, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Apr. 20th), there were 9 homes for sale and 4 homes in escrow within the Mauna Kea resort, while 7 condos are for sale and 5 are in escrow. Of these homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $10,900,000, and is located at 62-3966 Lanikeha Pl, in the Mauna Kea Fairways North subdivision, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $4,250,000 and is Unit #5B in the Halia Hale at Kaunaoa.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 62-3996 Moani Pikake Pl, in The Uplands of Mauna Kea and is listed at $1,995,000. The lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $1,199,000 and is Unit J202 located in Waiulaula at Mauna Kea Resort.
Sales continue to be slow but steady in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 3 homes and 3 condos being sold in the 1st Quarter of 2018. In this time from January 2018 through March 2018, the highest priced home sold was located at 62-3373 Lanikeha Way, in Mauna Kea Fairways North and sold for $3,000,000 from a list price of $3,295,000. The lowest priced home sold for $1,725,000 from a list price of $1,775,000 and is at 62-3998 Muani Pikake Pl in the Uplands at Mauna Kea Resort.
In the condo market, the lowest priced condo to sell during the 1st Quarter went for $1,400,000 from a list price of $1,775,000 and is Unit #329, located in Waiulaula at Mauna Kea Resort, while the highest priced condo sold for $3,600,000 from a list price of $3,650,000 and is Unit #39 at the Villas at Mauna Kea.
Analysis: The slow and steady sales volume of homes and condos in Mauna Kea Resort has, over time, slowing been absorbing the available inventory. Mauna Kea Resort is now on the verge of entering a Balanced Market, which is defined as about six months’ supply of inventory. For Buyers looking for luxury and vacation homes in the most prestigious resort on the Big Island, this continues to be an ideal time to buy.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Kea Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams come true. Mahalo
Highlights of the Q1 2018 Mauna Kea Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 9
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 4
- Number of condos currently for sale – 7
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 5
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $10,900,000: 62-3966 Lanikeha Place, Fairways North
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $4,250,000: Halia Hale ay Kaunaoa #5B
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,995,000: 62-3996 Moani Pikake Pl, Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $1,199,000: Waiulaula at Mauna Kea Resort #J202
- Number of homes sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 3
- Number of Condos sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 3
- Highest priced home sold in Q1 – $3,000,000: 62-3373 Lanikeha Way, Fairways North
- Highest priced condo sold in Q1 - $3,600,000 Villas at Mauna Kea #39
- Lowest priced home sold in Q1 – $1,725,000: 62-3998 Moani Pikake Pl, Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q1 - $1,400,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea Resort #329
If you enjoyed this update, you might like Mauna Lani Real Estate Update for Q1 2018.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates