Just as your car varoom needs regular maintenance to keep it purring and the wheels moving smoothly, your home needs regular upkeep to help save you from unnecessary funds. Take advantage of the beautiful spring weather and longer days as there is much more sunlight and get your home in excellent condition!
1. Clean and inspect the ice box if this item goes on the Bummer it really is a huge item to get up and running again take a look at door gaskets and coils. Who really thinks about pulling the ice box out and cleaning the back out yikes this can be a chore but well worth it.
2. Clean up the stove and range hood, it is amazing as to how much grease can get built up on this. Hot soapy water works well to get the grease off of the filter, but for the stove top bleach cleaner seems to work great for me.
3. Now this is a hard one for me with long hair it clogs the drain all the time. Clean up the drain and tub is a daily task. Bleach spray is what works for me it prevents the clogs and helps with mold growth.
4. Soaking showerheads in apple cider vinegar is a great ideal to remove mineral deposits, you know that white stuff that just seems to appear overnight. Well not really but you know what I mean.
5. Examine all grouton the tile floors and even in the showers and make repairs if you see that it is need
6. Check the dryer vent it is amazing as to how much lint gathers up even when you clean out the lint tray each time you do laundry, there is a lint gator that works well for cleaning this out and several YouTube videos is there is a blockage that is more than the gator can get cleaned out.
7. Cleaning up the patio and or deck , if you don’t own a power washer you can rent one at Lowe’s or Home Depot and then possibly get a fresh coat of stain on it to make the deck just pop with color.
8. Take a look at all the faucets in the house are any of them dripping if so get this fixed the small drip will add up on the water bill quickly. Clean the aerators as well which will help in the way the water flows from the faucet
9. Water heater this is a good time of year to drain it out and remove the sediments that build up over the winter months.
10. This is a monthly cleaning item but it is a good one to put on the list, check the filters throughout the house such as the water filtration, ice maker and HVAC unit
As summer time arrives and the weather heats up making sure the trees are trimmed away from the HVAC unit, the recommended amount to be away from the unit is 18 inches from the sides and about three feet from the top of the unit. Another items is making sure the unit is clean and free of leaves and other items.
Texoma home values are on the rise Check out what the value of your Texoma home might be.
We are all about Texoma each and every day helping you catch a glimpse of Texoma.
You can reach us directly at 855-483-9662
Have a blessed day.