ActiveRain Challenges & Contest Ideas - What's Yours?
Most members have always enjoyed our ActiveRain Challenges & Contests. This past month, we took a break and received some valuable feedback about the monthly challenges. For the most part, we really missed the contests but, the most powerful feedback we received by not having one last month was twofold:
- members want to learn something from them and/or
- you just want to have fun participating in them and/or reading them!
So, this month, the only contest/challenge we will be hosting is this:
We want your suggestions, ideas, topics!
What do you want to learn from other members? What do you want to challenge yourself to do?
We are asking for the best ideas for an ActiveRain challenge or contest! The winner will receive mega-points AND additional points normally given for hosting a contest/challenge, following the best suggestion being used in June…and you don’t even have to host the challenge (we will do that for you)!
What do you need to do to participate?
Write a post of at least 150 words, describing your best suggestion for an ActiveRain contest or challenge. What would you like to learn from others? What stories would you like to hear from other members? What can you teach other members - invite other members to share their teaching style of the same topic?
Revivals & twists to old contest topics & challenges are welcomed as well but, we want to see you go for originality as much as you can.
We are seeking ideas for contests & challenges and will be reward the top 3 ideas.
You may enter up to 2 suggestions and both will be considered for the top 3 slots but, only one can be awarded a top 3 spot.
1,000 points for each entry
5,000 points for the best entry*
2,500 points for the second place entry
1,500 points for the third place entry
*The big winner's contest will be hosted next month and that winner will be given the points, not only for winning this contest but, awarded the same number of points for hosting...and they don't even have to host!
**Additionally, if you are the winner AND you opt to host the contest next month, double hosting points will be awarded!!
THE NUTS & BOLTS
All entries must include the following:
- Topic idea - What is the subject of your idea?
- Contest or Challenge? - How do you see this being presented to the members? Competition is always good but, challenges tend to get a little more participation...well, except for the photo contests!
- Topic summary - What do you want members to present - how will they be awarded points?
- Learning Opportunity or Just for Fun? - Is this contest/challenge to cover a specific topic that members will learn from or is your idea just for fun?
- Is there a specific time of year that your winning contest should be held?
- 150 word minimum.
- Post the link to your contest/challenge in a comment below.
- All entries must be SUBMITTED IN A COMMENT BELOW by MIDNIGHT (PST) 5/31/2018
For this contest, our esteemed judges, selecting the best of the best are Sally K. & David L. Hanson (Sally), Anna Banana Kruchten CRB, CRS, Broker & Jeff Dowler, CRS. Thank you all for your support and for agreeing to take on a challenge, this time-consuming, during your very busy real estate markets. You are appreciated!
Questions? Just ask in the comments below...
Have a great month everyone!