Fruits and Nuts
- Plant young pecan and other deciduous fruit trees and grapes.
- Select budwood.
- Start dormant pruning of established fruits.
- Protect all young trees from rabbit damage by placing wire around the base of the tree.
- Put on dormant oil sprays for scale.
- Planting is still the main activity but delay in case of freezing weather.
- Control wild garlic, chickweed, Poa annua, dandelion and other weeds.
- Read label on each package of weed killer used.
- Add plants to rose garden.
- Mulch all plants.
Annuals and Perennials
- Plant hardy annual seed without delay.
- Continue spring bulb planting.
Source: Extention - Alabama A&M & Auburn Universities
As usual, should you be interested in buying or selling a home, or for any further information regarding your home, please contact me, Karen Borden, your North Alabama Real Estate Professional!