If you are moving to the Kansas City Metro area and are looking for quality schools for your children, your search will eventually lead you to Johnson County Kansas. Johnson County Kansas is located just Southeast of Kansas City and has always been know for its high quality schools. One of those school districts is Blue Valley. Blue Valley's boundaries are from South of 435 and the Stateline West and to Pflumm.
The following are just some of the many distinctions Blue Valley Schools and its students have recently earned: Visit Blue Valley School District Website
- All five Blue Valley high schools were named to the U.S. News & World Report's best high schools list and The Washington Post's most challenging high schools list.
- Blue Valley's graduation rate is 97 percent.
- In 2017, 52 high school seniors were named National Merit semifinalists.
- The district's bond rating continues to be excellent with an AAA rating from Moody's and an AA+ rating from Standard & Poor's. The excellent rating helps to save patron tax dollars by allowing the district better interest rates on the bonds sold.
- The community agrees that one of Blue Valley's greatest strengths is its dedicated staff. In a Customer Assessment survey conducted during the 2015-16 school year, 91 percent of patrons surveyed said they would give teachers in the district a grade of "A" or "B."
- Blue Valley 2017 graduates were offered more than $78.4 million in scholarships.
- The CAPS Network has expanded to 31 programs, across 60 school districts in 10 states. The CAPS Network continues to gain greater national visibility and awareness.
- P21, The Partnership for 21st Century Learning, designated Blue Valley's Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS) as an exemplar school for 2016-17. CAPS received this honor for exemplary 21st century learning practices in preparing students for success in college, career and life.
- The 2016-17 Volunteer Service Award program recognized more than 125 students for their service to the community and 26 Blue Valley Schools were honored for being named a Presidential School of Service.
- Blue Valley Schools received The Table of Faiths Award for 2016 by the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council. The award recognizes an organization that is visible in the community, is making a positive difference in building relationships with diverse religious groups and promotes a pluralistic vision.
- Blue Valley North vocal music teacher Jason Sickel, was named 2017 Kansas Teacher of the Year.
- Blue Valley Schools was one of 433 districts to be named to the College Board's 7th Annual AP Honor Roll for simultaneously increasing access to Advanced Placement coursework while maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP Exams.
- Blue Valley students outperformed nearly every educational system in the world tested in math and science on the PISA Exam (The Program for International Student Assessment), following only Shanghai, China.
- Blue Valley Schools was named the number one school district in Kansas by Niche Rankings' "2017 Best School Districts in Kansas" list. It was also named the number one place to teach by Niche Rankings' "2017 Best Places to Teach in Kansas" list.