Spring Home Maintenance Tips Inside the Home
It is that time of year Spring is here. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year with the beautiful weather. Spring is the perfect time to do a thorough spring cleaning and perform home maintenance to help maintain your home and property throughout the year.
Inside Your Home
Here are a few things inside your home that should be inspected to ensure they are in good condition:
- Electrical Outlets and Cords: Check electrical outlets and cords throughout your home for any potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Outlets, fuse boxes and extension cords also should be checked to make sure they are not overloaded.
- Fire Extinguishers: Check your fire extinguisher at least once yearly, including the hose, nozzle and other parts, to make sure they are in good condition and that the pressure gauge is in the “green” range. If necessary, move your fire extinguisher to an accessible place.
- Air Conditioning: Before turning it on for the season, have your air-conditioning system inspected and tuned up by a professional.
- Water Heater: Check for leaks and corrosion.
- Furnace: Clean or replace your furnace filter.
- Dryers: Dryer lint can build up inside the vent pipe and collect around the duct. Clean both the clothes dryer exhaust duct and the space under the dryer. Use a specialized brush to clean out the vent pipe. Lint can also build up inside the dryer enclosure and should be cleaned and serviced by a professional.
- Smoke Detectors: Daylight savings time is the perfect time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Inspect each smoke detector to ensure all are in working order, and make sure to test them monthly. Ideally, there should be at least one smoke detector on each floor of your home, including the hallway or area outside of each set of bedrooms, and one within each bedroom itself. If necessary, install additional smoke detectors as needed.
Light Bulbs: Check each light bulb in every fixture for the correct recommended wattage and replace any burned out bulbs. Also, consider replacing all high-intensity bulbs with fluorescent or LED bulbs to reduce energy and the amount of heat produced.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need any additional real estate buying or selling information I'd be happy to assist.
I love real estate there is no greater feeling than seeing your customer's happy!!!
Remember if you have any questions about First Time Home Buyers Programs or any Real Estate matter I'm just a phone call or email away. I'm waiting to hear from you!
Coldwell Banker/Camelot Realty
1898 N. Donnelly Street
Mount Dora, FL32757
My website: http://patwchampion.mfr.mlsmatrix.com
For Winning results call the “CHAMPION” for all your Real Estate Needs