Homeowners and home buyers in Linden are smart to learn about the real estate market to help make an informed decision about when to buy and sell a home in Linden .
Here’s what’s been happening lately.
- Thirty homes were sold in Linden in April, 2018, compared to 42 homes sold in April, 2017.
- There are 180 homes offered for sale in Linden today - compared to 239 in April of 2017.
- As inventory shrinks, demand for homes usually increases. This can help to raise prices and/or shorten the length of time homes are on the market.
- Average sale price in Linden in April was $237,619 - compared to April of 2017 when the average sale price was $249,216.
- Average list price in Linden in April was $276,503 - compared to the 12 month average of $262,554.
- Despite a sluggish spring, Linden has had a slow but steady improvement in prices for several years.
Days on Market:
- In April, the average sold home in Linden was on the market for 53 days - compared to 112 days in April of 2017.
- Shortened Days on Market is typical in the spring so this number should continue to improve.
What this means for buyers:
- Be educated. Learn what kind of home you want. Decide with your family members what you need in a home and what you want in a home.
- Be informed. Spend some time getting to know the inventory. Learn what homes look like in your price range. Learn what home features you can afford.
- Be ready. Have your pre-approval ready so that you can act quickly when you find your perfect home.
What this means for sellers:
- If you're on the fence about selling your home, this may be the perfect opportunity to get the most money in the shortest amount of time.
- Even in a shrinking inventory situation, you're still competing with other homes on the market. View the other homes that are offered for sale and make sure your home is the best one in its price range.
- Make your home available for potential buyers.
To see earlier market reports of Linden , please click here. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a Linden home, please call us at 908-917-4189.