As stagers we not only need to stay current on changing decor trends, but also your local real estate trends and real estate news in general. When a stager is looking at staging a property they will look at the local trends, the target market for the property and research competing homes on the market. They will know what buyers are looking for in a home. This is why we need to stay current with the local market and news. Staging is not just about decorating. If a stager does not stay current on real estate news and trends it can and will effect their business in one way or another.
Here are some ways I keep current.
1. Subscribe to Realty Times online
2. Subscribe to Realtor Online magazine
3. Member of local board of Realtors
4. Read local news
5. Online reserach
6. Networking with local lenders, appraisers, inspectors, anyone that works with real estate
7. And of cousre a member of the wonderful rain! (Reading posts and comments from Realtors helps me understand a little more of what they deal with each day, and this in return can help me serve them better)
How about you? What do you do to stay current or do you?