One-minute national housing market video update from RE/MAX for April 2018 for 53 metro areas around the country:
- Home sales up 2.3% year-over-year
- Median price of homes sold up 7.5% year-over-year to $243,000
- Average days on market were down by 5 days to 52 days as compared with one year ago
Number of homes for sale down 11.3%
No doubt that home buyer demand remains strong and that in most areas of the nation it's a seller's market, pure and simple. There just are not enough sellers listing their homes, despite rising prices. But keep in mind that real estate is very local, if not hyper-local... so be sure to have a discussion about your specific market conditions with your real estate professional.
How did the Charlotte region housing market perform in April 2018 compared with national averages?
- Home sales up 1.6% year-over-year (think "thinventory")
- Median price of homes sold up 7.4% year-over-year to $240,000
- Average days on market were down by 5 days to 44 days as compared with one year ago
- Number of homes for sale down 25.0%
So, is now the right time to sell your Charlotte metro area home? That depends on your motivation. If you'd like to have a quick conversation about that, please contact Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive. We'd be delighted to explore the pros and cons of listing your home now versus waiting.
These one minute housing market update videos are brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with RE/MAX Executive, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts.
If you are considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that:
Clock Image courtesy of fotographic1980 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net