Spring Cleaning - June 2018 ActiveRain Challenge
We all began our 'blogging' careers in different manners but, if you've been enjoying this part of our business (or life) for years now, chances are, you've got some OLD blog posts out there that could use a little spring cleaning!
We had this challenge last year during our busiest month and as soon as I finished my task for the contest/challenge, I didn't return to complete another post revival for months. I'm thinking there are many others in my same boat so, let's rinse and repeat!
Older blog posts are still out there on the internet for the world to see. If you've ever found a post of a restaurant that closed 5 years ago, you'll know what I mean when I say, it's horrifying! We are working diligently daily to make a great impression on our readers so, let's go back and do a little post remodeling!
Go back and cleanup 10 of your older blog posts. If you are a new member, the challenge is for you is to write 10 blog posts this month.
Here are some of the things you might want to consider changing:
- Refresh your title to make your post more search engine friendly.
- Check your font size. Is it too small or too large?
- Get rid of multi-colored fonts - they do not appear professional.
- Use your spell-check button and make corrections.
- If you have no graphic, ADD ONE!
- Is the information accurate? Really read them - like the consumer would read them!
- Check your links - are they functional?
- Is your contact information in the signature area? If not, add it at the bottom of your post.
- Anything else you see that needs to be changed or corrected, now is a great time to do it.
For new members, here are some suggested topics for your 10 posts:
- Neighborhood information
- Market reports
- Area events
- Local information
- Local history
- School information
- Buyer information
- Seller tips
- Feature your listings
- Share information about how you or your team work(s)
- Other real estate professionals who are new can focus on topics concerning your specialty - staging, lending, law, inspecting, etc.
- If you're cleaning up older posts, write a post about what you did and what changes you found that were frequent 'offenders.'
- Your post should contain 200 words (NOT INCLUDING THE LIST OF 10 POSTS).
- List the 10 posts (with links to them) in your post.
- When you are finished with the post revival, add a link in the comment section below. Please be sure the link works and opens in a new window.
If you are a newer member and writing your 10 blog posts, write a 200 word post about what brought you to the Rain, when you joined and list the links to the 10 posts you have written for the challenge IN THE POST. Add the link to your final post, containing the 10 new posts, below in the comment section.
This one is worth 2,000 points, to be awarded by mid-July. This challenge begins June 1, 2018 and ends on June 30, 2018 at midnight PST.
**REMEMBER: FOLLOW THE RULES IF YOU WANT TO EARN THE POINTS!
Questions? Leave them below in the comment section.