If you shop around on the internet, no doubt you will find plenty of Florida real estate companies to list your for sale by owner property in the MLS for a flat fee. However, not all firms are the same. Price is not the only issue. When selling your biggest asset, your house or investment property, is it really that big a deal if you save an extra $200-300 and go with a cheapo flat fee listing firm? Especially if your home does not sell as a result of your efforts. Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about our flat fee MLS listing services.
So, what makes Sand Dollar Realty Group different from these other firms that may offer similar services? Many things.
(1) First our company is locally owned & operated in Altamonte Springs, Florida (just 15 minutes north of Orlando). You are not dealing with some far away out-of-state company that you can only access by internet or 1800 number to do your flat fee MLS listing. You can schedule an appointment to come into our office or depending on location you can have us come to your house. We would be glad to meet with you in person or talk with you over the telephone and help you analyze your property, your asking price, and develop a marketing plan to help sell your home.
(2) If your property is not located in the Central Florida area, we can still help you properly price and market your property. It will be at a distance of course, but we have lived in Florida for 30+ years and we have traveled extensively about the state and know the various regions quite well.
(3) Our firm has been in business since 1996 and is the largest and most experienced flat fee MLS brokerage in Central Florida. We know what we are doing and will not leave you hanging out there all by yourself. Many companies that offer flat fee services have not been in business very long and are greatly lacking in experience. And experience counts during a buyer's market. Ask your flat fee broker how many properties they have sold for their customers. Our firm has sold hundreds in just the last few years and our firm has consistently been one of the top firms in sales volume for many years in a row. Most flat fee brokers won't even make it into the top 100 firms in sales for their area.
(4) Many of the super cheap priced firms provide poor customer service and don't return phone calls or emails promptly. Some firms simply want to list your home on the internet in order to keep the buyer leads for themselves. You will find that we are quite different. We will email or call you with all buyer leads. If we are not right there to answer the office phone, we will return your call within a reasonably short period of time. In fact broker Rob Arnold's cell phone number is listed right on our website, if you ever need to speak with him at anytime day or night. A little bit of extra money is a small price to pay to deal with experienced professionals. Just read Rob Arnold's resume' and then compare it to other real estate brokers - most will not even dare to post their resume' online because they have limited education and experience.
(5) We have full-time sales associates that are working to find a buyer for your property and earn the buyer-side commission. At the time of this post our firm has over 70 Realtors out there selling properties. See for yourself at MyFloridaLicense.com about our firm. Most flat fee firms have either none or just a handful of sales associates working for them.
(6) We allow you to upgrade your flat fee MLS listing. We can provide you additional services all the way up to a full-service listing for a reasonable additional fee. As mentioned before our firm currently has over 70 Realtors working for us. Our firm is actually a real company that works out of a real office and not just a big data entry factory often run out of someone's back bedroom at their house.
(7) We have many great affiliations with local experts, including an affiliation with a local title company, and contacts with many real estate vendors (inspectors, appraisers, insurance, home warranty, etc.) to help make your transition from listing to closing that much easier.
(8) We have full MLS membership in the Brevard, Daytona, New Smyrna, and Ocala / Marion MLS's and reciprocal memberships in Alachua / Gainesville, Citrus County, Desoto County, and others. Be wary of listing services that say they service those counties, but instead are only listing them in the Mid-Florida Regional or South Florida Regional MLS. These other areas are in a totally different MLS, and will not be seen by the local Realtors unless the listing makes it into those local MLS's.
We also offer full-service listing services similar to those offered by most other real estate brokerages. But unlike those other brokerages our agents have the flexibility to negotiate commission rates to help save you money.
Also we offer a menu-based pricing system (a la carte services), allowing you to only pay for those services that you actually need us to perform. That way you can still do some of the for sale by owner FSBO things yourself and save money. Some of our services include lockbox rental, online virtual/video tours, contract preparation and review, offer negotiation, closing coordination and attendance, etc. Click here for more information about our full-service listings. Or click here for more information about menu-based services that we offer.
(Copyright © 2008. Sand Dollar Realty Group, Inc. All rights reserved.)
Rob Arnold, ABR, CPL, CRB, GRI, Managing real estate broker, Licensed mortgage broker, Notary Public
Your full service and investor friendly Realtor in Orlando. Learn to invest in Central Florida real estate and Orlando real estate. Investor mentoring and counseling available. I also provide flat fee MLS listings, For Sale By Owner, and menu-based services in most parts of Central & South Florida, the Space Coast, and the Treasure Coast including Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Ocoee, Winter Garden, Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Longwood, Winter Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, Sanford, Deltona, Debary, Deland, Mount Dora, Eustis, Clermont, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton, Miami-Dade, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Melbourne, Daytona Beach, Ocala, Gainesville, Volusia, Brevard, and more.
We sell properties, list properties, and we buy houses cash throughout Central Florida and the metro Orlando area.