What makes a great International Realtor in Beverly Hills, CA. 90210
This question becomes more and more prevalent as Beverly Hills continues to remain the Global Destination place for “the Global Elite”. I have to smile, when I see companies marketing and encouraging Realtors to put Alphabet Titles behind their names to justify that they can handle International Clients.
I beg to differ, just by having taken a course does not make one an International Realtor. The title alone as being a designated International Specialist is not enough.
Thanks to the Internet we are all marketing to the whole world, hence buyers, investors and relocation clients are watching our inventory and our price points.
The Key to be a great International Realtor in Beverly Hill, CA must be summarized by the following:
- Patience is the most important factor, for example a buyer from Germany will have a different understanding of how a transaction is conducted in Beverly Hills, CA than a local buyer.
- Teaching about the intricacies of how a transaction is conducted in Beverly Hills is essential. The closest comparison of a foreign buyer is to someone who is a first-time buyer but happens to have a rudimentary understanding how the process works hence the more education is accomplished in the beginning the more likely there will be fewer unexpected surprises. Keeping in mind, that many of the International buyers are looking for a second home or they are investors. Hence, we need to educate them of how things are different here vs. the country of their origin.
- Strong understanding of the Local Real Estate Market, is equally important. In other words, the buyers for example from Italy might want to know what a good value is not necessarily what is the cheapest price.
- Conveying Trust, that the information provided is accurate, hence a lot more data has to be shared and interpreted.
- Empathy is equally important, understanding that they are coming from different cultures and different expectations of how business is conducted.
- Communication, has its own challenges too. Not just because there might be language barriers, but Time Zone differences as well. It is not unusual to find me emailing my clients from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am local time, because they are in different time zones.
The better educated, the better prepared the International Buyers are the smoother the search and the success of the negotiations will be in their purchase of an investment property.
The best part of being an experienced and savvy International Realtor is, that most of the buyers from around the globe see California as a safe and secure place to invest their money in real estate. Then to boot we do not need to convince them of what a wonderful place Southern California is. Everyone around the Globe is familiar with our sunshine and temperate climate. Our mild four seasons attracts not only Relocation Clients, but those who can afford two homes and spend time here when their seasons happen to be unbearable.
Now what makes me such an expert? The answer is easy, I have 22+ years of experience representing clients from all over the Globe. Just to mention the countries, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Mexico and virtually every European & Scandinavian Country. Many of these clients whom,
I represented in their purchase ended up having me represent them in the sale of their properties.
In the beginning I spend a lot of time, a great deal more than with local clients. This is the education process. Of course, this is time is well spent and it is all about educating them. Reassuring them and building trust. Now after the purchase there is a great deal more hand holding as well. I will save that for another post.
In the meantime, if you are looking or a Seasoned International Savvy Beverly Hills, CA Realtor, who happens to be fluent in German and Hungarian, please reach out to me directly.
If you are looking for a focused and goal-oriented Realtor in the Beverly Hills area who will help you achieve your Real Estate goals, please reach out to me directly!
If you are looking for a pet friendly Beverly Hills Realtor who can handle and sell the most difficult properties that no one else could, please reach out to me directly!! If you are considering buying or selling a home, a luxury home, luxury investment real estate, luxury vacation homes, or luxury beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu, feel free to contact me at 310.486.1002 (m) or email@example.com or visit one of my websites at http://www.endrebarath.com I contribute a portion of my commission to local animal rescue organizations.