As a potential homebuyer, you’re looking for a location that not only serves your needs, but also makes your life comfortable and happy. There are many options in the GTA, but we are firm believers in the many Barrie homes for sale.
With the large amount of effort required to move to a new house, it makes sense that the decision of where to move is a difficult one. After all, you need to find the perfect home, secure financing, move your belongings, and settle into a new home. For many, this is a lot of work and a stressful process.
However, your search might just end in Barrie, Ontario, especially if you are looking for a home in a desirable city located close to the GTA.
Here are four reasons why you should consider some of the many Barrie homes for sale when you start the search for your next home.
1. Recreational Offerings for Nature Lovers
Positioned perfectly between the lively metropolis of Toronto and the natural wonders of Central and Northern Ontario, Barrie offers the best of both worlds: the charm of a small town combined with the conveniences of the city. Among the amenities, nature lovers will love:
- Close access to various natural wonders, including Algonquin Park and Kempenfelt Bay.
- Almost 100 parks and hiking trails.
- Ski resorts to enjoy in the winter, such as Horseshoe Resort and Mount St. Louis Moonstone
- Beaches like Centennial to enjoy in the summer.
2. The Many Cultural Offerings
After your refreshing morning hike, you can treat yourself to some fine dining, or a festival in the afternoon. Some of the best cultural offerings in Barrie include:
- The Flying Monkeys craft brewery, which offers free beer tours!
- The Crazy Fox Bistro, a high-end restaurant if you’re feeling fancy.
- The MacLaren Art Centre if you want to take in the art scene.
- Various festivals throughout the year.
3. The Strong Economy
But Barrie is more than just a vacation spot. If you have real work to get done, Barrie’s economy is an ideal environment to do it in. Some features of note include:
- Low employment and a high concentration of local businesses, made apparent by the many restaurants and boutiques that line downtown.
- Close access to Toronto in case you work there.
- A rising real estate market. On the other side of the coin, pricing is going up too, so get your spot as soon as possible.
4. The Exceptional Safety
You can relax easy when you’re in Barrie. In fact, you’ll be living in one of the safest cities in the nation. The Crime Severity Index reports BCMA (Barrie and its surrounding area) as having the second-lowest severe crime rate, right behind Quebec City in 2016, a reputation the city’s police chief happily boasts about.
If you think Barrie is a perfect fit for your next home, there’s only one name you can trust. The Mark Leader team provides real estate services under the Remax banner. Contact a member of our team today and we’ll gladly show you some of the best Barrie homes for sale.