The image you see above integrates Reiki and Feng Shui principles to create an Antahkarana Altar.
Lets take a closer look at the Master Reiki symbol called, Antahkarana, created by Reiki Master William Lee Rand. There are two Antahkarana symbols; yin and yang, but for now we'll explore the Yin (female) symbol. In essence, the Yin symbol promotes healing in a gentle way for both male and female energies. What's being healed and manifested will depend on your intentions.
Traditionally, to make an Antahkarana altar, the ingredients include the image of the Antahkarana and 7 crystals, each one corresponding to the seven chakras. The twist of Feng Shui comes from including objects of your choosing that have positive meaning, besides the 7 crystals, to refine the presentation of your Antahkarana altar, especially if you are conducting a Space Clearing for clients.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR FENG SHUI MASTER REIKI CRYSTAL GRID:
1. Choose a ceremonial cloth. I chose to use my grandmother's hand sewed embroidered red velvet cloth as the ceremonial cloth, and placed it on-top of the Antahkarana.
2. Place the 7 crystals on-top of the ceremonial cloth in alignment with the Antahkarana edges. The diagram above illustrates the placement of the crystals. Six of the crystals are positioned along the six edges of the Antahkarana, which creates a Hexahedron. The last crystal, also referred to as the "master crystal," is then placed to the side of the six crystals.
2A. The image above illustrates what the altar looks like when the ceremonial cloth is placed over the Yin Antahkarana symbol with the crystals.
3. Think about why you are asking for help in transforming certain aspects of your life. Once you have your answer or answers, you could then choose an object, or write 3-8 intentions on a piece of paper placed inside a unsealed red envelope. Either the object and/or written intentions could then be placed inside the center of the Antahkarana altar. Referring to my altar as an example, I used a living plant, which for me represents self-growth, expansion of knowledge, and practicing being present with every step on my journey. Eventually, I'll pair it with written intentions.
4. One of the last objects on my altar is a blue bracelet. This was given to me by a friend and written on the bracelet is the name of all four elements; fire, earth, wind, and water. Ideally, when creating an altar, its recommended to use the real elements. Yet, the intention of use for this blue bracelet becomes the metaphor for all four elements. So this means, the words (which also carry enegtic frequiencies) work just as good.
5. (optional) To further help amplify this Feng Shui Master Reiki Altar, you could place it in front of a mirror, as you see in the above image. In Feng Shui, mirrors are known to serve multiple purposes and in this case, the intention is to double the vortex of gentle healing and manifestation.
6. Where to place your altar? Ideally, its suggested to place an altar within a location of your home that will not be disturbed from heavy foot traffic. As for me, I keep my altar inside my office which is mid-way into my home and provides privacy.
If you would like to print out your own version of this, here is the Yin (female) Antahkarana symbol.
Sample List of Sugguested Crystal in Correspondence to the Chakaras:
Crown Chakra: Clear Quartz
Third Eye Chakra: Tanzanite
Throat Chakra: Blue Fluorite
Heart Chakra: Rose Quartz
Solar Plexus Chakra: Citrine
Sacral Chakra: Carnelian
Root Chakra: Red Tiger's Eye
Crystal recommendations from "The Crystal Bible," by Judy Hall