Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By
Real Estate Broker/Owner with Realty Executives NOLA - Kim Higgins, Broker/Owner - Greater New Orleans & Northshore Area Real Estate

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that you cannot smell, taste or feel, but it can cause great harm to your health.The gas is produced from burning material containing carbon. Common household sources of CO include gas heaters, charcoal grills, cigarette smoke, spray paint, gasoline generators, and other sources. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu, such as fatigue, headaches and nausea. Children are affected more quickly than adults because of their smaller size. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause serious injury, including brain damage or death. To avoid exposure to this poison, heed the following advice:

 

  • Install a carbon monoxide alarm.

  • Do not use a generator or grill inside your home.

  • Do not leave a vehicle running inside your garage. Move it outdoor.

  • When using gasoline-powered devices, store it away from children.

 

For additional information, see the following link: https://www.safekids.org/safetytips/field_risks/carbon-monoxide.

Posted by
Kim Higgins, Broker/Owner
ABR, CRS, e-PRO
Direct Cell: 985-705-1910
Connect with me on...

      

Wondering about your home's value?
Click below for a FREE HOME VALUATION!

 

 

 

 

 
Realty Executives NOLA
Your BEST Resource For New Orleans & Northshore Area Real Estate!

Northshore: 985-231-3130                              Southshore: 504-564-7676
1742 N. Causeway Blvd.                                   664 Rosa Avenue
Mandeville, LA 70471                                        Metairie, LA 70005
 
Search all homes for sale at: www.RexNOLA.com
Licensed in the State of Louisiana. Each Office Is Independently Owned & Operated.

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Home Improvement

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
618,934
Sharon & Bruce Walter
Keller Williams Realty Lafayette, IN - Lafayette, IN
West Lafayette homes for sale

Very good information and very little ever comes up in an inspection report in this area other than to warn buyers that there is NOT a CO detector present.

Jun 22, 2018 04:58 PM #1
Rainer
234,309
Robert Sole
REM Inspections LLC - Winter Springs, FL

I second the CO detector.  They have only recently been required but most people forget that, in addition to the things you mentioned, a gas (or propane) range, water heater or dryer, also produce carbon monoxide.

Jun 25, 2018 12:55 PM #2
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
211,714

Realty Executives NOLA

Greater New Orleans & Northshore Area Real Estate
Find out what your home is worth!
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information