|Prep Time: 15 mins||Total Time: 40 mins||Yields: 24 servings|
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 24 small slider buns (such as Martin's), split in half
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 (15-oz.) can chili
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray, then place the bottom halves of buns in baking dish. Scatter half the cheese over buns.
- Split each hot dog in half lengthwise, then lay them side-by-side over cheese. Top hot dogs with chili, remaining cheese, onion, and remaining bun halves.
- Brush tops of buns with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake until cheese has melted and buns are slightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.