I've made no secret about the warmer temperatures here in the Greater Sacramento Region. While sitting quietly enjoying my Sunday afternoon, I heard the familiar sound of fire sirens and the rumbling of an army of fire trucks making their way on adjacent streets in my neighborhood, and then become louder and louder. When I looked out my window, I began witnessing a large arrival of fire and emergency vehicles. When my eyes ventured above the fire trucks, I could easily see flames shooting out of the roof of my neighbor's home, across the street. I quickly learned the home next door to it, around the corner was also involved. Every one made it out alive. Although one neighbor was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns. There is extensive damage to both homes.
It is believed propane tanks stored in a shed at the fence line between the houses is the culprit that caused this tragedy. This event should act as a cautionary tale when it comes to properly storing barbecue propane cylinders, especially in hot weather. I have found this link to be helpful: "Do It Yourself - Barbeque Proprane Cylinder Safety Tips."
I take pictures for the purpose of remembering fond times. I do not impose copyright restrictions on this photo, so you may feel free to use, or distribute as you wish. However, should you need a Real Estate Professional in the Greater Sacramento area, I hope that you will contact me by email or by visiting my website www.myrljeffcoat.com - Thank You!