Since the creation of the Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loans Program, over 22 million veterans have achieved the American Dream of homeownership with a VA home loan. Many veterans in Louisiana looking into buying a home do not know the details of the program and therefore do not take advantage of the benefits available to them.
If you are a veteran or you know someone who is, here is a breakdown of the VA Home Loan benefits that can be used to achieve the American Dream!
Top 5 Benefits of a VA Home Loan
- The greatest benefit of a VA Loan is that borrowers can buy a home with a 0% down payment. In 2016, 82% of all VA Loans put down 0%!
Who Qualifies for a VA Home Loan?
One of the most important first steps when applying for a VA Home Loan is obtaining your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). “The COE verifies to the lender that you are eligible for a VA-backed loan.”
You Can Apply for a VA Loan if You:
- Serve 90 consecutive days during wartime
- Have more than 6 years in the National Guard or Reserves
- Are the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or as the result of a service-related disability
You Can Use a VA Loan To:
- Purchase a Home
- Build a Home
- Refinance an existing home loan
For more information or to find out if you or a loved one would qualify to use the VA Home Loan Benefit, let’s get together! Find out more at the website https://www.universalhomemtg.com, or call me, Kevin Whatley, at (318) 675-1010. I’d be glad to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your service!