Are you looking for a great career? Real Estate might be the ticket. A Realtor or real estate agent offers unlimited income and the ability to set your own hours. The freedom of choice and being your own boss is incredible. You need to be self reliant and have great people skills. Here are some tips on getting started:
Start Off with the best avenue to find buyers. I have been a Realtor in Santa Clarita, California since 1980.
My Company is RE/MAX of Valencia
- Working with a top Real Estate Company is Key. Start off doing FLOOR-TIME
- FLOOR TIME offer the opportunity to meet BUYERS. Buyers are the best way to begin a real estate career as you learn how to interact with the public, you learn the rights and wrongs and your can practice without causing as much legal issues. A buyer will have more patience for a new agent and may not ask how long you have been in this career
- FLOOR-TIME Allow you to work in your office and continue making COLD CALLS & CALLING EXPIRED LISTINGS while still handling Floor Calls & Walk Ins. You can also work on your WEBSITE, EMAIL ADDRESS, FACEBOOK PAGE & CREATE A FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE.
- ADD Every Buyer you Meet into your new Data Base. I personally use Top Producer but there are many other CRM Customer Relationship Management Company's available. Take their Criteria and Update them with all New or Changed Listings as the reach the market. Remember that you are entering a field in which salesmanship is the number one asset and you must be able to sell yourself before anything can be accomplished. I started off in retail business so dealing with the public gave me a head-start. Use your past experience as an asset for your career.
- Buyers is the best place to begin as it give your an opportunity to see if they have a home to sell. A Buyer also will create future business as they will need to sell in the future. Learn your community and become the local expert. Be responsive and create a follow up program.
Tony & Dani Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia