What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate Market Report for June 2018
It’s important for buyers and sellers in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market to have up to date information about the current local market conditions to be able to make informed decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale whether buying, selling or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community, on average, in San Diego County, with large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots. Indeed, 2 of the more expensive listings in San Diego County, one at $28,000,000 and one range-priced from $33,963,000 - $39,963,000, are still active in RSF.
READ MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for June 2018 based on information from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are deemed reliable at the time of this report but are not guaranteed.
- Sales of detached homes for June rose significantly from May to 26 sales (up 63%). There were 2 attached home sales in June, compared to 4 last month. 29% of the transactions were cash, compared to 60% in May.
- The average sales price of the detached homes sold was $2,765,632, an increase by 28% from the May average sales price (in large part due to the sale of 8 homes at over $3M). The average sales price of the attached homes was $853,240, down 10%.The median sales price for detached homes was $12,747,500 (up 50%).
- Average marketing time for the detached homes was 75 days compared to 62 in May, but only 19 days for the attached homes compared to 11 last month.
- The detached homes sold, on average, for 93% of asking price, with 4 selling at asking. 1 attached home sold at list price.
- As of the end of June there were 2 homes in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with a Contingent status (i.e., typically there are short sale and REO homes that had offers being reviewed by the lenders) the compared to 2 last.
As of the end of June 2018 there were 235 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (97% of these are detached single family homes), another increase in inventory, by 3% from last month. This represents an inventory of 3 months for attached homes (up from 1.4 months in May) and 11.2 months for detached homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 6-month period), up from 10.6 months last month
The high end market continues to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and is a market that still favors buyers for detached single family homes, luxury properties and estates, but is a very strong seller’s market for buyers of attached homes (condos and town homes) due to very limited inventory.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in June (48) was down 27% from last month. The number of homes going pending in June, 22 (excluding those that closed escrow), was also a decrease, by 33%, from May pendings!
Data are based on MLS information for homes that went under contract in the last couple of months or sold in June. If you would like more details about the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with regard to current activity as well as the specific areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please call me at (760) 840-1360.
I am happy to discuss your housing needs and budget, and help you develop a strategy to buy your new Rancho Santa Fe home in 2018.
And if you wish to sell your Rancho Santa Fe home we can discuss your plans and timing, review my free market analysis, and create a strategy to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you!