EVERY DROP OF RAIN COUNTS
According to our very own Debbie Reynolds, day one of Inman Connect brought thousands of real estate professionals to San Francisco, CA. Over the years Inman Connect has gained traction and is an event for those that want to learn about the latest trends, get new concepts, and just have a better idea what's shaping the future of real estate! Of course, rubbing shoulders with some of the best minds in the business is another added perk for those lucky enough to attend Inman Connect.
I’ve never attended, although I came very close to pulling off a last-minute decision to make it! But thanks to Debbie, she offered up the next best thing (10 Nuggets) to attending the event. (As a matter of fact, I’m sure I learned more from Debbie’s post than I would have “if” I actually attended.)
So besides being compelled to share Debbies post, I'm even more compelled to thank Debbie.
I can only imagine just how crazy it is at the Inman Connect event, but somehow Debbie managed to not only take copious notes, she also (in typical selfless AR fashion) shared her experience for AR members less fortunate.
Debbie’s willingness to selflessly share with AR members is just another example of the true vastness of AR’s magic. I’m not sure what the AR founding members expected when they created this platform, but I can’t imagine them envisioning the magnitude of which members selflessly help others members become better here!
AR members are so lucky to apart of something so great! If every drop of RAIN doesn't fill you up, something is wrong! There are too many ways to turn here, left or right you get to decide… But any turn you take in the RAIN takes you wherever you want to go and (umbrella or not) makes for one incredible journey!
BTW: Picture Courtesy of Unsplash
Inman Connect San Francisco- 2018
There are literally thousands of people here at Inman and several sessions going on at the same time. The learning tracts make it difficult to decide which session to attend so to solve the problem for today, I moved around between two sessions.
For those that have never attended, Inman Connect is about connecting, getting new ideas, and thinking outside the box. It is a platform to present what is new in techniques, companies and technology. The topics move fast, usually 10-20 minute segments, so there is no opportunity to get bored. For more detailed information you can connect with the presenters in the networking hours.
I am a note taker and there were many nuggets I took away and want to check into to see if they are right for me. I am highlighted 10 to share with you.
I must make mention that our own Ben Kinney presented Building Wealth During Your Real Estate Career. Ben laid out a practical plan to think bigger than the next transaction and to set aside money and plan for a financial future. There is more to life than real estate and you must think outside of yourself and think about the bigger picture. I believe in this totally and share this philosophy with my agents in our company training programs.
Here are 10 Nuggets from Today's Sessions
- Use Headline Analyzer to make your headline stronger.
- 2 new to me free great photo sites: DeathToStockPhotos and Unsplash. (I have not verified either of these.
- Use Storeo on Instagram to do a series (in sequence) short Instagram videos.
- Agent that get the most out of social media are being themselves and not trying to be all things to all people.
- 1% interest rate increase = 10% decrease in buying power.
- In responding to leads where you only have an email, respond Let me know...then hit the send button. Many will contact you just because they can stand not knowing.
- Using Canary Cameras will capture what is happening in your open houses and showings. It will also monitor temperature and moisture in a property and works with Alexa.
- The Over app allows you to design marketing pieces on your phone is 30 seconds.
- Slido.com was the survey tool we use during sessions to poll the audience. This would work great in a company training session with online instant results as they are processed projected on the screen.
- Robots are being used to show vacant properties. The customer scans his driver's license is geotracked to the home the customer wants to see and when at door the electronic lock will unlock the door and upon opening the door the consumer is guided through the home by a 3 foot robot. The robot is queued to answer questions. (I wonder if they will have to get a real estate license in the future?)
Tomorrow promises to be a power packed day as well. Stay tuned.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell