Charlotte - A Top US City to which Millennials are Flocking
Did you know that Charlotte is among the top cities in the nation to which millennials are flocking?
We believe it because we serve a large number of them and with two of my own (one of whom just purchased a home), we enjoy working with them tremendously as well!
Young adults today are less likely to move than they were in previous generations. According to Smart Asset, data from the Census Bureau supports the claim that the mobility rate for young adults is at the lowest rate it has been at in 50 years. However, there are millennials who do move. They offer an incredible economic boon to the cities and states who welcome them and once again, Charlotte has made both SmartAsset’s list (as #1, two previous years) of cities to which millennials are flocking. As well, RISMedia has recently named Charlotte among the top cities in the nation in their recent survey.
The draw of millennials is also a big draw for many companies to relocate their headquarters to Charlotte in hopes of hiring talented employees. Charlotte was also noted as #5 on Forbes’ annual ‘Best Cities for Jobs” list this year (2018).
So, where are the millennials who are moving to Charlotte living? Here is a list, compiled by Niche, as the ‘Best Neighborhoods in Charlotte’ -
15. Grier Heights (87% Rentals/13% Owner Occupants)
14. Sedgefield (56% Rent/44% Own)
13. York Road Area (27% Rent/73% Own)
12. Myers Park (16% Rent/84% Own)
11. Ashbrook/Clawson Village (30% Rent/70% Own)
10. Freedom Park (41% Rent/59% Own)
9. Center City [2nd & 3rd Wards, South End] (72% Rent/28% Own)
8. Elizabeth (59% Rent/41% Own)
7. Belmont (77% Rent/23% Own)
6. Cherry (56% Rent/44% Own)
5. Brookhill (no data on ownership currently available)
4. Dilworth (49% Rent/51% Own)
3. Optimist Park (65% Rent/35% Own)
2. Fourth Ward (60% Rent/40% Own)
1. First Ward (78% Rent/22% Own)
If you’re a millennial (or any age - we serve buyers from all age groups) and thinking of moving to the Charlotte area, let’s talk! Visit www.TheMaxwellHouseGroup.com for more information and to search for homes in the area. If this is your first home purchase, your first step should be enlisting an experienced, local real estate broker. Selecting a great broker is not as easy as it may seem. There are real estate agents and brokers who will sell you anything but, you want to enlist a seasoned real estate professional for your real estate needs. We would love to share our knowledge of the area with you…and give you the grand tour of our gorgeous city!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Did you know that Charlotte is among the top cities in the nation to which millennials are flocking?