MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR AUGUST 3-5! SALES TAX-FREE SHOPPING WEEKEND 2018 IN CHARLOTTE, NC REGION
If you live in the Charlotte metro area, you can take advantage of South Carolina's sales tax-free next weekend from Friday, August 3rd through Sunday, August 5th.
North Carolina eliminated its tax-free shopping weekend for back-to-school in 2013, so if you want to shop for back-to-school items tax-free you've got no choice but to head across the state border to York or Lancaster Counties in South Carolina. But the trip may just be worth it to save 6% state sales tax and any other local taxes when you buy school supplies. This is South Carolina's 19th year offering a Back-to-School Tax Free Weekend and shoppers are expected to save an estimated $2-3 million on qualifying items.
WHAT YOU CAN OR CAN'T BUY TAX-FREE IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Tax-free items include purchases of:
- Accessories (such as bedspreads and linens.)
- School supplies (such as bookbags.)
- Computer equipment (such as printers.)
Tax-free items do not include purchases of:
Items placed on layaway
From TaxFreeWeekend.com come the following tips on how to make the most of your tax-free shopping:
1. Take some time to research what is tax free.
2. Don’t assume only back-to-school are tax free.
3. Get organized before the weekend. Take an inventory of what you have on hand and what you need. Make a list of what you want and need to buy.
4. Make sure the tax free savings outweigh savings from other types of coupons. And don't forget that many coupons can be combined with tax free savings.
5. Watch the register closely to be sure you are getting the tax savings you are entitled to. Verify on your receipt that you did not pay sales tax after the purchase.
6. Know your prices and be sure something really is a deal. Don’t buy something just because it is tax-free.
For more tips on making the most of tax-free shopping this weekend, go to TaxFreeWeekend.com's website.
In southwest Charlotte, Premium Outlets will be offering the Better Than Tax Free Weekend with all sorts of specials for fall back to school fashions.
Tax Free Shopping Bag Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This announcement about Back-to-School Tax-Free Shopping in the Charlotte, NC region is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners,Coldwell Banker, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts.
If you are considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte metro area, I would love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that: