A few tips to ward off robbery while selling your home ...
- Keep home and outdoors looking fresh and maintained in all seasons. Make sure there are no newspapers laying around, mail and packages aren't left to pile up on the doorstep. Also, make sure shrubbery is well maintained and left to grown out of control because this is an exellent place for burglars to hide behind them between the strub and your home.
- The power of lighting is important. Criminals are much less likely to break into a well lit entrance or home versus a dimly or poorly lit residence. They don't want to be seen. Consider landscape lighting that is on a photo cell as well.
- Use technology to make your home look occupied by installing systems that allow you to remotely control your lighting, music and appliances or even just timers installed on your lights.
- Consider installing surveillance cameras.
- Take pictures and record information and serial and model numbers of your valuable things to have proof of ownership for possible insurance claims.
Do you have a HOME TO SELL? Are you LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME?
The Temple Team can help you with all of your Real Estate Needs!
* Excerpts taken from article published in RealtorMagazine