Property settlement issues in a divorce are a serious matter.
It provides the foundation for a divorcing couple’s lives after the process has been finalized. As a Divorce Attorney, we understand how important it is for you to ensure a property settlement agreement is reached in the best interest of your clients.
That’s why we are here to offer assistance in real property issues in divorce in San Antonio. Hi, my name is Melissa Wiggans. I am a real estate professional who specializes in divorce real estate due diligence support for collaborative law and family mediation.
My team and I help resolve gaps in house due diligence for informed decision making about keeping the house in a divorce. We have a list of of resources to assist with the home valuation and home mediation process, including trustworthy and professional appraisers, home inspectors, and lenders.
Here are some examples of appropriate due diligence in San Antonio Real Property Division:
1. When establishing a home’s true value through an appraisal, it is important to consider current market changes that could impact a potential future sale of a property. Issues such as a roofing issue, termites, or other maintenance issues can lessen a home’s value. Aside from that, creditors can also attach a lien to a property that would reduce the future proceeds upon sale.
2. Before making any decision on whether to keep or sell a home, it is important to first know the overall condition of the property. A home inspection could uncover factors that are unknown to those who are living in the house. For instance, if a costly repair needs to be made, this has to be factored into decisions on the property.
3. Divorcing spouses need to understand the options of keeping a home and the possible outcomes of transferring title between spouses. They need to be aware of the underlying mortgage issues and the consequences that may arise if a spouse takes title to a property and is unable to re-finance in his or her name.
4. A title search is the process of retrieving documents evidencing events in the history of a piece of real property. This is usually done to determine relevant interests in and regulations concerning a property. To make sure that there are no liens on the property that might be unknown, it is imperative to run a title search.
5. A mortgage professional can help in determining the ability of either party to re-finance a property or qualify for a new mortgage in his or her own name.
We help provide valuable house documents and information to supplement your case file.
Delegate these tasks to our team and you will receive comprehensive documents on the 4 key categories of house due diligence (mortgage, title, insurance and property condition). There is no extra time or work needed on your part, when we assist your client with house due diligence.
Our team of divorce professionals will help complete the case file. We are supporting informed decisions with enhanced house due diligence and preserving home ownership eligibility.
Call me, Melissa Wiggans, at 210-332-0310 today to get started!
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view Real Property Issues in Divorce San Antonio on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxKRacmNJ8M&feature=youtu.be.