South Hillsboro New Home Community
After more than two decades of planning, new home sites are now under construction in the South Hillsboro community. More than 8,000 homes are to be built over the next several years, providing much-needed housing inventory. Over $120mil is slated for infrastructure improvements. The Reed's Crossing project, whose name was inspired by Simeon Reed, namesake of Reed College in Portland, is scheduled to have home lots ready for sale around Thanksgiving of 2018. Butternut Creek appears on a similar track.
photo courtesy City of Hillsboro
The City of Hillsboro provided this overview: "Once the historic Ladd-Reed farm, South Hillsboro is 1,400 acres of open space, farmland and developed property that is in the process of becoming an entirely new and exciting part of our community. This new, innovative place will help meet some of our current and future needs for housing while creating an amazing neighborhood that speaks to the sharing generation of Millennials, the communal mindset of Oregonians and the multicultural mix of Hillsboro—a promise to bring all kinds of people together from all walks of life to allow for a great community. South Hillsboro will include three unique districts: Reed’s Crossing, Butternut Creek and Vendage. Together, they will provide diverse residential neighborhoods located near jobs, retail centers, schools, parks, trails and greenways — all situated in ways that make it easy to walk, bike and use public transit.
South Hillsboro will provide benefits to its residents and the entire community of Hillsboro:
• A mixed-use town center in Reed’s Crossing, along Tualatin Valley Highway, with a main street featuring retail, civic space, public plazas, and a variety of housing types.
• A village center south of Butternut Creek providing a second, smaller area for gathering, shopping, a school and housing for seniors.
• Distinctive neighborhoods encompassing over 8,000 homes in varying design types and price ranges.
• Walkable neighborhoods within minutes of shopping, parks, transit and gathering spaces.
• 333 acres – more than 20 percent of the plan area – dedicated to natural areas, open space and recreation. An extensive bicycle and pedestrian trail system will not only provide connections within South Hillsboro, but also to surrounding neighborhoods and natural areas."
There's tremendous excitement building around this new community, and the City of Hillsboro continues to do an excellent job of planning for the city's future and it's residents.
Thanks for reading South Hillsboro New Home Community
For a Free Home Equity Check Up...
go here: http://www.fastfreehomevaluation.com/
c: 503-680-9390 / firstname.lastname@example.org
John Van Hogen - Principal Broker OR - Lic in Oregon & Washington
Keller Williams Realty Profes. 9755 SW Barnes Rd #560 Portland OR 97225
Each Office Independently Owned & Operated - 503.546.9955
Subscribe to CommentsComment