Qualifying A Horse Property Farm Agent to Represent You

Real Estate Agent with Cindy Stys Equestrian and Country Properties, Ltd. PA License #AB068077


Qualifying A Horse Property Farm Agent to Represent You 


Horse property and farmsLately I have seen posts on Social Media of consumers asking for referrals for qualified horse property REALTORS.  Of course, there were many recommendations.  One thing I noticed though, were that not all the recommendations were for horse property or farm experts.  The majority may be great at what they do, but they may not necessarily know anything about farms and horse properties.


When searching for a real estate professional, I strongly suggest interviewing several agents before making a final decision.  After all, this is not something just anyone can do.  The professional should have the knowledge to do the job, and do it well, as well as looking out for their clients' best interests.  Is the agent really looking out for the clients' best interests if they lack the knowledge?


Think about it this way:  You are having chest pains and you need to see a doctor.  Would you go to a dentist?  After all he is a doctor.  It is the same with any other profession.  It is best to go with a specialist to get the job done right.


To help in searching for the right horse property and farm real estate professional to represent you, here are some questions you may want to ask:


  • How many farms and/or horse properties have you sold during your career as a real estate professional?
  • How much experience do you have with farms and horse properties?
  • Are you involved in the farming and horse community?  If so, what organizations and for how long?
  • How well known are you among fellow farmers and equestrians?
  • Have you ever owned horses or other farm animals in your lifetime?
  • Where and how will the property be marketed?  Will it be target marketed or marketed towards the general consumer?
  • How familiar are you with the zoning requirements of farm animals and horses?
  • Are you aware of the laws that pertain to horses and farm animals?
  • Why should I work with you rather than another agent?


There are more questions you can ask, but these are some that will get you started.  If you wish, you can also ask for references.  


The more knowledgeable the real estate professional is in regards to specialized properties, the better chance of getting the property sold.


Posted by

Brigita McKelvie is a REALTOR®  (Pennsylvania License #RS297130) with Cindy Stys Equestrian & Country Properties, specializing in rural and horse properties and farms in Eastern Pennsylvania.  She has an e-Pro® (Certified Internet Expert) certification and a GRI (Graduate, REALTOR® Institute) designation.  

Brigita McKelvie, REALTOR

Pennsylvania License #RS297130

Rural and Horse Properties and Farms


Cindy Stys Equestrian & Country Properties, Ltd.Cindy Stys Equestrian & Country Properties, Ltd.


The Premier Equine and Country Real Estate firm serving Eastern Pennsylvania from back yard operations to world class equestrian facilities.

Use a REALTOR with "horse sense" that doesn't horse around when it comes to horse properties.



e-ProGRI (Graduate, REALTOR Institute)BNI




Comments (0)