Waikoloa Village is a community located 6 miles inland from the west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This lovely community covers over 19 square miles and is a mixture of condominiums and single family homes. Waikoloa Village offers its residents wonderful amenities such as an 18-hole golf course, a community swimming pool and tennis courts.
Also within Waikoloa Village is the Waikoloa Highlands Shopping Center, which contains many shops and restaurants, including the Waikoloa Village Market, Island Lava Java and Pueo’s Osteria Italian restaurant. With its proximity to the world famous resorts and world class beaches, Waikoloa Village is an affordable alternative for the savvy buyer looking for their Hawaiian Dream Home.
At the time of this writing (July 20th), there were 18 homes for sale and 18 homes in escrow in Waikoloa Village, while there were 12 condos for sale and 9 in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest price one currently is listed at $995,000, and is located at 68-1891 Kawiki Place.
The highest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $729,000 and is located at the Pointe at Waikoloa, Unit 12. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 68-3604 Hooko Pl and is listed $489,000. While the lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $162,900 and is Unit I202 in the Fairway Terrace.
When it comes to sales in the 2nd Quarter, the number of condos sold is, quarter by quarter, catching up to the number of homes sold. In this timeframe from April 2018 through June 2018 there were 41 homes sold in Waikoloa Village, while 29 condos were sold. Of the homes sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-1755 Auhili Pl and sold for $738,000, from a list price of $748,000. The highest priced condo sold for $640,000, from a list price of $665,000 and is Unit #10 in the Pointe at Waokoloa.
The lowest priced home selling during the 2nd Quarter is a home located at 68-1706 Hoona Pl and it sold for the low price of $393,000, from a list price of $381,600, while the condo with the lowest sale price went for $149,500 from a list price $149,500, and is located in, once again, Fairway Terrace, Unit E205.
Analysis: Sales in Waikoloa Village have accelerated to the blistering pace of about 41 homes per quarter. The overall inventory of homes has decreased to just 18 homes on the market, which is not even a two-month supply. Even with condo sales lagging behind homes sales, the number of condos available for sale is just 12 units, again, only about 2 months supply. These numbers reflect the fact that we are now firmly in a Sellers’ Market.
Highlights of the Q2 Waikoloa Village Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 18
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 18
- Number of condos currently for sale – 12
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 9
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $995,000 68-1891 Kawiki Place
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $729,000 Pointe at Waikoloa #12
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $489,000 68-3604 Hooko Pl
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $162,900 Fairway Terrace D102
- Number of homes sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 41
- Number of condos sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 29
- Highest priced home sold in Q2 – $738,000 68-1755 Auhili Pl
- Highest priced condo sold in Q2 - $640,000 Pointe at Waikoloa #10
- Lowest priced home sold in Q2 – $393,000 68-1706 Hoona Pl
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q2 - $149,500 Fairway Terrace #E205
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Coast Market Update for June 2018.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates