One of the challenges you may face as a blogger is coming up with ideas for posts. What I'll tell you is topics are all around us, once we tune in. I'm going to give you a quick run down of topic ideas from the last 48 hours of my life, any one of which could easily be turned into a full post.
1. Can agents fire their clients? Short answer, you bet! I've got a pair of buyers right now that have pretty much used up their max quota of insults. If this current contract doesn't stick, I'm pulling the eject handle and not looking back. And it's a deal at 2x my normal sales price and you know what? It's STILL not worth it.
2. Do you have an agent you're working with or would have write an offer if we find you the right home? Another web lead, and one of my basics is finding out if I'm being asked to do non-productive, non-paying work. Some buyers may lie with the answer, but at least I'm not going in totally blind.
3. What kind of financing do you plan for your condo purchase? It's important to know because FHA and VA loans aren't available for many condo communities.
4. How much wiggle room do you have in your preapproval price? While you definitely want to be comfortable and not strain your budget, go too low and the only houses available are NOT going to be ones you want to own.
5. Is it okay to take a break from home shopping? Short answer? Sure, but it's best to still keep an eye on the market for new opportunities. That perfect home may pop up during the planned hiatus.
6. Where are you? Do you post on Facebook when you're out of town?
7. Why am I blogging on a Sunday night? Short answer: because I know it works.
8. When's the best time to blog? Now if it's consumer facing. Not now if you want comments! Remember, it's Sunday night!
9. Pick a subdivision, any subdivision. Surely you haven't covered all your local subdivisions yet with a custom IDX search have you?
10. How long does it take to write a blog post? Well I'm at item 10 and about 15 minutes so far.
11. What you don't know CAN hurt you! Yesterday the same bumblebee stung Liz AND me! We were cleaning up our azaleas and apparently disturbed its burrow. And unlike honeybees, bumbles aren't barbed, so they're good for multiple pops!
12. What does an agent do on their day off? Well among other things, work on their flower garden. We put down 14 bales of peat moss around our azaleas. Sound like a lot? It is, but it's NOT enough. To finish out our 50 azaleas I probably need to buy another dozen bales. Max capacity of my Kia is about 6, so multiple runs.
13. Taxes. The perfect time to compare your expenses from one year to the next, AND to evaluate if you've got some unproductive expenses to cut. And yes, I procrastinate with my taxes pretty much every year :)
I said a baker's dozen, so I'll quit. The reality? I've got other ideas I could add.
And back to item 10, total time about 20 minutes once I go grab a graphic and click submit for this post.
Just blog it!
Bill & Liz aka BLiz