First of all, for those of you who are not familiar with the RealBird SMS text code marketing tool, it works as follow:
- You hook up a phone number (provided by Twilio) with your RealBird account
- Every listing you publish on RealBird will have a code generated for it automatically (or you can set up custom codes as well)
- When consumers text that code to your phone number, you receive a lead with their contact info and they receive the property information returned to their smartphone automatically.
There are three different scenario for using the RealBird SMS marketing platform:
- Listing marketing with text messaging - use it on signriders, stickers, banners, postcards, flyers and even on the RealBird landing pages on and Open House sign in forms
- Any links you wish to SMS enable - link to your YouTube real estate video channel, your Facebook business pages, Instagram feed, home valuation page, you name it.
- Home search results - RealBird members can generate buyer leads by linking their IDX search websites with our Homes By SMS service
You can visit RealBird and set up these services today.
Now as of the tech. update that is required
We just updated our related tutorial as well, but for those of you who are current users and experiencing issues with receiving SMS leads you will have to login to your Twillio account and make sure that our so called webhook is used with SSL, i.e. with https:// designation versus standard http:// . This may sound very technical so if you need help just email us, we’ll assist you one-on-one, directly.
Here is a screenshot showing the proper Urls that has to be added to the the Twilio phone setup. Note that all RealBird Urls start with https://
-- The RealBird Team