So your retirement is nearing and you are already thinking about where to spend your retirement days. If you are from Florida, you’ve probably heard about Vero Beach—the place that offers a multitude of benefits to retirees like no other. Located on the east coast of Florida, it’s a top choice for seniors looking for a retirement home.
As a senior, spending your golden years in Vero Beach FL is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Especially if you want to spend your retirement years in bliss, you will never go wrong with choosing this location for your retirement home.
Here are 17 secrets you need to know before retiring in this community:
1. Vero Beach FL offers many tax breaks and incentives. These tax breaks apply to homeowners who use their home as their primary residence, military veterans and senior citizens like you.
2. One of Florida’s hidden gems, Vero Beach features more than 30 miles of unspoiled white beaches and emerald green ocean water. If you are a beach person, you will surely enjoy living here.
3. Retiring here lets you bask in beautiful beachfront living. Homes in Vero Beach FL offer breathtaking nature views and lots of opportunities for water-related activities.
4. You will never run out of activities to enjoy in Vero Beach. Seniors who own a retirement home in this area enjoy boating in Indian River Lagoon, fishing by the Sebastian Inlet, kayaking and swimming.
5. Vero Beach is also rich when it comes to culture and the arts. If you take a walk around the area, you will see magnificent graffiti walls and Broadway theaters that offer so many activities residents can participate in.
6. Your grandchildren will definitely love paying you a regular visit, since retirement homes in Vero Beach are just 2 hours away from Disneyland.
7. Vero Beach is surrounded by several unique neighborhoods, including the South Beach and the Winter Beach areas.
8. Vero Beach is home to some of Florida’s world-class shopping centers. If you love to shop, you can find lots of shopping outlets near Interstate 85 and State Road 60. There are also big box stores located in the Indian River Mall that you will definitely enjoy.
9. You have plenty of senior housing types to choose from in Vero Beach. There are independent living, 55+ retirement residences, assisted living communities, continuing care retirement communities and memory care communities.
10. If you are a baseball fan, you will be thrilled to know that Vero Beach FL is home to Dodgetown. It is where the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team completes their spring training.
11. You don’t need to worry about your health here. Aside from Vero Beach offers plenty of opportunities for physical fitness, it is also home to some of the country’s top notch medical facilities, including the Indian River Medical Center. This hospital is recognized as best in heart program throughout Florida.
12. Although Vero Beach is a relatively small town, it offers a wide range of dining options for food lovers. Restaurants in the area cater to every taste, so it doesn’t really matter whether you want street food or exquisite cuisines.
13. Living in Vero Beach will help you gain new friends, engage in social life and be involved in different activities, making you feel young at heart again.
14. Vero Beach boasts of its beautiful climate throughout the year. If you want a tropical lifestyle, then this place is the best for you.
15. Living here lets you enjoy long strolls and runs. Seniors residing in Vero Beach enjoy taking a regular walk in the area because of its breathtaking sunrise and cool ocean breeze.
16. Vero Beach has all the amenities you need during your retirement. Whether it’s for health care, education or recreation, Vero Beach has it for you.
17. The place gives you unparalleled sense of security. If you live here, you will benefit from the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, which offers a wealth of services to the assisted living residents of Vero Beach. You can also reach out to the Senior Resource Association of Vero Beach anytime you need help with anything.
There are hundreds of reasons to love Vero Beach. If you are planning to retire here, there’s no need for you to think twice. I tell you, this is where you’ll spend the best years of your life.
Looking for homes for sale in Vero Beach 55 plus communities? Let me help you find your dream retirement home. Call me today, Karen Mathers, at 772-532-3221 and let’s talk about your options!
**In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view 17 Secrets You Need to Know Before Retiring to Vero Beach FL on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtyyuODBQl8&feature=youtu.be**