There are things we learn in the real estate business on what not to do and as well as to do when selling a home. There are many but here are my top ten. By the way, these are all easy things to do and do not involve large amounts if any cash. A home that SMILES sells at a higher price. A home that does not SMILE sells for less.
Keep in mind, if you are on a date or introducing yourself SMILE, make the other person like you. Who can not help smiling back at a smiling baby? The other person is likely to SMILE back. Same with your home, make your home SMILE!
Make your home SMILE by NOT doing these BAD things. If you are tempted to do any of these have someone in your family coached to say to you: NO NO! BAD BAD!
Home Selling No Nos... In listing pictures and also when Buyers see home
1. Close all toilet seats. Repeat after me.....CLOSE ALL TOILET SEATS!
2. Do not leave a dirty house. When you leave the house wash dishes, pick up clothes, dust and vaccum.
3. Do not lock rooms where all of the junk is stored (if you have junk to hide better to put in garage with a blanket over it)
4. Mow lawn and cut weeds down. Come on folks make the place look somewhat inviting
5. Remove all personal items off bathroom counters. No razors, medicines, deodorant, used bars of soap, tweezers, contact lens cases etc. Same can be said for kitchen counters
6. Remove or hide all pet toys and food dishes and bags of pet food. If at all possible take pet with you for a showing rather than leave in a cage, locked room or roaming the backyard making buyers hesitant to go outside
7. Change rusty scratched front door knobs or handles. Yikes this is not expensive. Put your best foot forward with a shiny new door knob door handle and lock that opens like butter! The new ones look great.
8.Remove non working vehicles from front of home and in driveway. Helps to show your home off the best possible way.
9. Clean or replace carpets that have huge stains (pet or other stains)
10. Take out extra furniture. Do you have furniture covering every available space or wall in your home? Remove as much as you can to the garage. Makes the home look much larger and allows buyers to imagine their furniture in your home.
Well there you have it. There are many more home No Nos but his will give you an idea from my personal list. Make your home SMILE and the Buyers will SMILE with you.
Make your home SMILE and Buyers will SMILE back
Sell or Buy a home in Scottsdale or Arizona
Press FREE MLS Search to search for homes for sale in Arizona