Some of you may remember me writing about some sleep challenges I've had during the past month. The melatonin addition did not take in the weeks previous and I'm ready for the micro-dose alternative. In the meantime, even though I am not in the habit of early morning workouts there are benefits to implementing them into the plan.
If I were to map out the morning it would begin with my favorite cup of coffee, 100% Kona. The juices, sometimes called hormones have already begun their busy day and the java just gives an extra push to get to the starting line. You don't have to have anything to drink but if coffee is to your liking then by all means begin there.
After coffee it's time to workout. You don't need an all out two hour session during these early changes in your routine but 10 to 20 minutes of effort may change your mind about morning workouts. Here are a few reasons why you can benefit from getting yourself in gear earlier in the day rather than later.
1. AM Testosterone levels are higher and provide greater work capacity
2. An increased pulse rate early in the day will energize you throughout
3. After your adjustment period you'll exceed prior capability with ease
4. The coffee will give you a boost although limit yourself to one cup
5. Morning workouts will raise your self esteem and confidence levels
6. Stress will no longer take over your day (thanks norepenephrine)
7. Your brain will thank you for increased memory and attentiveness
8. Breakfast is good for you and AM workouts bring the appetitite
9. You'll breeze right through previous minor annoyances easily
10. Morning workouts become habits due to better time management
YOUR TIME HAS COME