After any kind of water damage, be it natural disaster or any kind of water leakage the affected areas or belongings becomes the ideal place for the growth of microorganisms like mold. When the water inside the house evaporates it leaves behind a humid condition. If your home is not well-ventilated the humidity is retained and it triggers the growth of mold on the furniture, walls, ceilings and other wet surfaces. These molds can be dangerous for your health as well as your belongings. This damage can be checked by hiring a professional mold remediation company.
Prevention of mold
If the water damage in your home is caused by flood, sanitation is one of the vital steps that should be taken immediately. If the area remains moist and hot the growth of microbes, like mold, is inevitable. Though the mold inspectors of any mold removal company that you hire would adopt the antimicrobial technology there are certain means that you can implement to get rid of it like:
- Block every source of moisture
- Discard every contaminated itemthat cannot be restored
- Sanitize and dry the items fully as much as possible
- Rest of the job leave it on the professionals
Their plan of action
The technicians of any reputed mold remediating company would normally explain to you the process of mold removal. The following are the steps they adopt:
- To save themselves from any kind of health hazards, the technicians usually put on a protective suit along with high-quality safety gears.
- They seal the entire work area with plastic sheets to check the mold from spreading.
- The professionals use high-end equipment like HEPA vacuums, HEPA air scrubbers, commercial dehumidifiers, etc. for effective results.
- After removing the mold from its source, they use HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) air exchange and air scrubbers fitted with HEPA filters to capture the mold spores present in the air.
- The professionals normally abandonany kind of moldy porous building materials such as baseboards, drywall andinsulation. Such materials are comparatively inexpensive and either impossible or difficult to restore to the previous uncontaminated condition.
- These professionals use a type of antimicrobial chemical for cleaning the mold and the mold stains.
- They sometimes even use a sealer to ensure that the treated areas become mold resistant and it also helps in controlling the odor.
Things to consider
When you decide to hire a mold removal company there are certain factors that need to be considered like:
- Always opt for a company that hasenough experience in this field. A firm with a good number of years of experience to their credit would have trained professionals who couldbest handle the situation.
- Check if the company uses all modern equipment like HVAC air ducts that collect even the mold spores and makes your home mold-free.
- Always appoint a mold remediation company that takes care of the restoration work too. Though it would add a little more to the cost to restore the property to its original state, it will save you from all the headache.