5 Things To Watch In The Kingstowne Real Estate Market | Fall 2018
Fall has arrived (still haven’t wrapped my brain around that) and with the change in season comes questions about the real estate market. What’s happening in the Kingstowne real estate market and what should you watch for? Check out my top 5 things to watch in the Kingstowne real estate market below.
1. Bull Market: We’re still in the longest bull market in US history. The housing market remains strong despite higher interest rates and rising rates are stimulating demand – for now. For how long? We can’t honestly answer that. Read more about rising rates and inventory below.
2. Rising Interest Rates: The Fed just increased rates and has expressed their intentions to raise rates once, maybe even twice more in 2018. They’re discussing having three increases in 2019. What does this mean? Rates could hit 5% by the end of the year, that was a prediction very early on in 2018 and it’s looking highly likely to happen. Many buyers who purchased 6-8 years ago have a rate in the 3-3.5% range. If you’re considering making a move the time to do it is this fall.
3. Rising Prices: Prices in Kingstowne continue to rise, year to date they’re up 6.2% as compared to 2017. The increase in prices has not slowed buyers down this year, it’s spurred them to purchase now in order to avoid future higher prices and higher interest rates. The market in Kingstowne is competitive with many homes seeing multiple offers but, only if they’re priced correctly and show well.
4. Low Inventory: Real estate is local – HYPER LOCAL. While this may not be the case in all areas, in our area inventory is historically LOW and has been for over a year. Low inventory points to a seller’s market. As we mentioned above, homes that are priced correctly and show well are moving quickly. If you’re considering selling your home and meet the above criteria you’re in an excellent position to see a lot of demand from buyers for your home.
5. Amazon HQ2: Where Amazon HQ2 will land has been a hot topic in the DMV. The buzz of it possibly landing here has already created some speculation among developers and investors. One thing is for sure, if Amazon ends up here you will see an increased demand for housing with it. You can also expect an increase in traffic but, that’s another story!
Interested in learning more about the Kingstowne real estate market or have a specific question you’d like to ask? Reach out to us and let’s connect!