The 47th Annual National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, AL - It's that time of year again! It's the 47th Annual National Shrimp Festival here on the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast. This event is one of my favorites and was in the Top 21 of the Best Food and Drink Festivals in North America. An awesome 4 day event starts on October 11th till October 14th with a ton of fun stuff to do.
Do you love music? Are you a car lover? An art lover? A runner or walker? Looking for an event to have fun with your family or kids? This year there will be over 100 hours of live entertainment from local musicians. Including a little bit of everything: Blues, Motown, Southern Rock, Jazz, Zydeco, and Country Music on two different stages.
Did somebody say Shrimp? Perfect since there will be 10,000 lbs of shrimp per day prepared by some of the best local chefs in their own award winning recipes, for you to sample! Enjoy and try out 50 local and regional vendors while they are along the beach boardwalk in Gulf Shores, Alabama. If you are an art person, don't forget to check out the 200 booths!
Some of the other activities will be:
- Singing for scholarships - a competition where High School singers from seven local schools will compete in elimination rounds, top three will be awarded.
- A sand sculpture contest for families. Tons of activities for the kids, for example: face painting and karaoke!
- 5k & 10k races - All of the net proceeds from the runs will be donated to Coastal Baldwin Education Enrichment to benefit the local Gulf Shores and Orange Beach public schools.
- A car display of the new Chevrolet models for all you car lovers!
- Outdoor World will feature fishing, boating, hunting, with other outdoor vendors and activities also.
When you come and visit the Florida & Alabama Gulf Coast areas, make sure this event is on the top of your checklist. It is always packed with fun for everyone. AND its Free Admission! I'd be happy to help if you need any information about this event and the Gulf Coast area. Check out my vacation rentals available Toes N Sand Rentals. I hope to see you there!
Dates & Times :
Oct. 11th -10am - 10pm
Oct. 12th -10am - 10pm
Oct 13th - 10am - 10pm
Oct 14th - 10am - 5pm
101 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Cyndi Cook, REALTOR®
850-281-0293 or 251-200-1536
Licensed in Alabama & Florida
Hi, my name is Cyndi Cook who is loving the Toes N Sand Life here on the beautiful Gulf Coast. I am a local, experienced Real Estate Professional serving the Florida & Alabama Gulf Coast areas. Also, I own and manage a property managment company. The Vacation Rental Properties are from Ft. Morgan, AL to Pensacola Beach, FL. Contact me @850-281-0293 or 251-200-1536. I'm available to answer any of your questions.