Over 30 years ago, the United Nations designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day “to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter. The Day is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns.”
I can’t think of this without thinking of Habitat for Humanity. Nearly 20 years ago I started celebrating my clients’ purchase or sale of a home by donating a portion of every real estate transaction to Habitat for Humanity in their honor.
It is my way of contributing to Twin Cities Habitat’s mission “to eliminate poverty housing from the Twin Cities and to make decent, affordable shelter for all people a matter of conscience.” It not only fits right in with my work as a Realtor, it also fits right in with World Habitat Day.
The RE/MAX Results HomesMSP Team is proud to support Habitat for Humanity because we share similar values…
- We are called to serve others with generosity, humility and love
- We welcome people of all backgrounds
- We provide help for people seeking a safe, welcoming home
- We honor our commitments, and act with fairness, honesty and respect in all of our relationships
- We continually strive for excellence and innovation to create a positive, enduring impact in all that we do