Mauna Lani is a beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront homes to secluded condos, there is something for every discerning buyer. The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the Mauna Lani Beach Club and a Spa and Fitness Center.
Also within the resort are two luxury hotels, the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. Both hotels offer a variety of activities and dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurants choices, including Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, as well as a variety of shops and boutiques, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches await your discovery.
At the time of this writing (Oct 1st), there were 14 single-family homes for sale and 3 homes in escrow in the Mauna Lani Resort, with 38 condos for sale and 7 in escrow. Of the single-family homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $7,690,000, and is located at 68-1052 Pauoa Way in the Pauoa Beach subdivision, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $2,265,000 and is unit #E202 in Mauna Lani Point.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is located at 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #349, in the Ka Milo at Mauna Lani development. It is listed at $1,475,000. On the condo side, the lowest priced unit currently on the market is listed at the $599,000. It is #1201, in the Fairways at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in 3rd Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of single-family homes sold. In the Q3 time frame of July 2018 through September 2018 there were just 2 single-family homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 21 condos were sold. Of the 2 homes that sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #323, also in Ka Milo, and it sold for $2,190,000, from a list price of $2,289,500.
While the lowest priced single-family home to sell is located at 68-1025 N Kaniku Dr #40, in the Villages at Mauna Lani community. It sold for $1,500,000, from a list price of $1,599,000. The highest priced of the 21 condos sold in Q3 was Mauna Lani Point #E203 and it had a sale price of $1,800,000, from a list price of $2,195,000, while the condo with the lowest sale price went for $460,000, from a list price of $495,000 and is Unit #E-21 in the Palm Villas at Mauna Lani.
Analysis: The sales and inventory of condos and single-family homes in Mauna Lani Resort have remained at about a 5 to 6 months’ supply for the greater part of 2018. This puts us in a Balanced Market between buyers and sellers. Depending how sales go in the upcoming winter selling season will determine if we move into a low inventory market, or not.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or are looking to save money on your Vacation Rental Management fees, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Market Updates for other areas of the Kohala Coast can be found on the Market Update Page of my website. Mahalo
Highlights of the Q3 2018 Mauna Lani Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 14
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 3
- Number of condos currently for sale – 38
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 7
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $7,690,000 68-1052 Pauoa Way, in Pauoa Beach
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $2,265,000 Mauna Lani Point #E202
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,475,000 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #349
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $599,000 Fairways at Mauna Lani #1201
- Number of homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 2
- Number of condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 21
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – $2,190,000 – 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #323
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,800,000 Mauna Lani Point #E203
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 –$1,500,000 68-1025 N Kaniku Dr #403
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $460,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #E-21
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Coast Market Update for August 2018.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates