Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 4 hrs 20 mins Yields: 6
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Thinly sliced basil, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large slow cooker, combine potatoes, bell pepper, broth, cream, Parmesan, butter, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then place chicken on top.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until potatoes are tender and chicken fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan, before serving.