It can be a daunting task to choose an agent to sell your home.
Perhaps a friend of a friend is a real estate agent so maybe that's a consideration?
Is the agent that advertises on the huge billboard in the center of town is a good choice?
Why not call the agent with the fun logo?
The bottom line is that we all have different criteria for evaluating what's important to us and why we ultimately decide to choose one agent instead of another agent to represent us.
When considering an agent, here are some key factors you may wish to consider:
- Responsiveness: Did the agent respond to your phone call or email in a timely manner?
- Professionalism: First impressions do matter. Did you feel that the agent was organized and well prepared for your meeting? Were they on time? If not, did they call to offer an explanation?
- Positivity: Was the agent upbeat, cheerful and have a positive disposition?
- Timely: Did the agent gather needful data and further information within the time frame that they said they would?
- Marketing: Does that agent have a clear, powerful marketing campaign?
- Knowledge: Did the agent demonstrate a strength of understanding? Did they offer recommendations?
- Confidence: Did the agent exude a calm assurance of expertise? Do you feel relaxed knowing that this agent will guide you through this process?
- Character: Did you feel a connection? Can you imagine yourself working together with this individual?
- Trust: Do you have a good gut feeling about this agent? Did the agent make eye contact and did you feel relaxed?
- Experience: Has the agent listed other properties for sale in the area?
-Track Record: Has the agent sold other properties in the area?
- Communication: Does the agent communicate effectively - in a way that resonates with you? Do they leave space for questions? Are they interested in what you have to share?
- Reviews: What have the agent's clients said about them?
What's important to you in the agent you choose to represent you?
Maria Sapio is a real estate agent with Keller Williams of Central PA.