2018 Market Report for Q3 for Carlsbad 92011
Detached Single Family Homes
The 3rd quarter of 2018 was a relatively busy housing market in the 92011 area of Carlsbad, with several shifts in Carlsbad homes for sale compared to the same period in 2017 and from Q2 in 2018.
CARLSBAD 92011 COMMUNITIES
The 92011 zip code covers the area south of Palomar Airport Road and west of El Camino Real to the ocean, including the residential communities of Aviara (with multiple gated and ungated neighborhoods), The Bay Collection, Waters End (gated), Mar Brisa, Spinnaker Hill, Vista Del Mar, Harbor Pointe, Shorepoint, Mariner’s Pointe, Seaside Estates, Cherry Tree Walk, and The Tides, to name a few of the neighborhoods.
The 92011 area offers a mix of attached (condos, townhomes, twin homes) and detached single family homes in gated and ungated communities, some in close proximity to the beaches and with views.
In this report we look at the market activity for detached single family homes.
Check out the Aviara Lifestyle in this short slideshow
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES
- 54 single family detached homes sold, 14% fewer than in Q3 2017 and 10% fewer than last quarter.
- Average sales price was $1,137,402 which is 12% higher than in Q3 2017 and up 1% from last quarter
- Sales prices ranged from $623,837 to $2,420,000
- The average marketing time was 30 days, compared to 21 days in Q3 2017 and 28 days last quarter
- Homes sold for 97% of asking price on average, with 24% of the homes selling at list price or above
- 37% of the homes were cash transactions.
CURRENT ACTIVITY AND PENDING LISTINGS (as of October 8)
- There are 57 single family detached homes for sale, from 1036 SF for a 2 bedroom 2 bath single story home at Harbor Pointe, up to 4978 SF for a split level ocean and golf course view home in the gated community of Aviara Point.
- Prices range from $670,000 to $2,895,000 (average is $1,303,898, median price is $1,245,000).
- Homes have been on the market an average of 65 days (4 homes have been on the market more than 200 days, with 1 home listed for well over a year).
- 26 homes are pending, ranging in list price from $785,000 to $1,675,000 (average price is $1,120,561); these homes have been on the market for 50 days (5 of these homes went pending in less than 1 week).
The current housing market in the 92011 area of Carlsbad continues to favor sellers, as it has for some time. The current inventory of detached single family homes is 3.2 months based on the rate of sales and buyer demand over the last 3 months (up from 2.8 months in Q2).
Or narrow your search just for homes for sale in the 92011 area using the link below.
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92011 area, or in specific neighborhoods, and are interested in exploring the housing options that meet your particular needs and budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation so we can create a plan to get you into a new Carlsbad home, or elsewhere, in 2018!
If you are considering selling your Carlsbad home, please reach out to me at (760) 840-1360 or at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com so we can find a convenient time to meet and discuss your needs, the market value of your home, review my marketing plan, and plan a strategy to sell your home for top dollar and as quickly as possible.