Last Friday was a big day for Tony… you can see by his morning smile above that he was bracing for a full day! One of the reasons he needed to close on the sale of his current home before he could close on the sale of his new home was because he was using his great VA financing benefit… but he couldn’t use it on his new home until he sold his old one. Soooo… that meant Tony closed on both homes the same day!
So does did that whole process work?
- Tony talked to his lender and got financing pre-approval to purchase his new home contingent upon the sale of his current home
- We started looking for his new home while he was preparing to put his current home on the market
- Tony made an offer on a new home contingent upon the sale of his current one but lost out in multiple bids
- He decided to put his current home on the market anyway and continue to look for his new home
- He accepted an offer on his current home… now had a closing date
- He came to an agreement for the purchase of his new home, subject to the successful closing of his current home on the same day
- Inspections, appraisals, underwriting cleared for both homes
THE BIG DAY…
- Tony’s movers came and started packing in the morning
- Buyers came for the final walk through in the midst of loading the moving truck and Tony gave them some insider tips about living in their new home
- First closing took place late morning, with buyers thrilled about their new home
- Tony made a quick stop back at the first house to check on movers’ progress
- We closed on his new home early afternoon, with a nice surprise… he got the original abstract for his new home at closing, going back to 1836!
- He checked back with his movers and they had finished at his old house… would head to his new house to unpack after some lunch
- Tony’s movers unloaded everything at his new home!
Moving is always exhausting and stressful while you are going through it. I figure it’s kind of like childbirth… you forget about it after it’s over because the outcome is worth it! Let me know if you like someone to walk with you through the process… let’s talk!